XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hyvaa Paivaa,
Greetings from an ex Finn, now living in Australia.
You have a very interesting XR, very nice.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
That’s is one monster of an exhaust. Care to share what you have done with this fast black ride???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greetings from finland. Winter is over at last and its time to test some new modifications on my bike. View attachment 247687
That’s is one monster of an exhaust. Care to share what you have done with this fast black ride???
exhaust is made from 316L, inside diameter of the pipe is little bit over 1,75 inches. I made it because vance&hines widow felt little small didnt breathe and thats why i had to make intake by my self too. I have wiseco 10,5:1 forged pistons.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exhaust is made from 316L, inside diameter of the pipe is little bit over 1,75 inches. I made it because vance&hines widow felt little small didnt breathe and thats why i had to make intake by my self too. I have wiseco 10,5:1 forged pistons.
And the breather i made a little small, i like to believe that little bit pressure in engine helps to scavenge oil back. I might be wrong but it works well at least for now 😆. Today is the dyno day.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Not the Best with open Ex & Filter,think the Filter is the Brake.Exaust must be open to produce Power at Top.but its Loud....))))).To get a powerfull Midrange Torque the Xaustpipe is to small.Bigger Cans will produce more Torque/Power.A Autotune is okay for a Street bike but serious Tuneups costs around 220,-$ from PowerVision here.
You got a Race Setup but with no Power.Just 90HP is low.Ive seen Std Xr,s with K&N and some drillings in the oem Cans and mods at the Airbox near 100HP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not the Best with open Ex & Filter,think the Filter is the Brake.Exaust must be open to produce Power at Top.but its Loud....))))).To get a powerfull Midrange Torque the Xaustpipe is to small.Bigger Cans will produce more Torque/Power.A Autotune is okay for a Street bike but serious Tuneups costs around 220,-$ from PowerVision here.
You got a Race Setup but with no Power.Just 90HP is low.Ive seen Std Xr,s with K&N and some drillings in the oem Cans and mods at the Airbox near 100HP.
I dont use any power commander or stuff like that. And at this moment this is the best setup of everything i have tried. Next operation is head work. I have oem cams and heads so they come next.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You are on the wrong Road.Sry for that but XR,s running lean with Stock Setttings.Open the Airfilter is not the right way to get more Power.If you want to make your XR run Perfect the first Step is a PowerVison.There are more Devices in the Market but try Youtube to understand what to do.Headworks are not succesfull when the Computer says NO.
You will get around 100HP with a open Airfilter and open Exaust.First you have to set the Bike right with what you got now.
Look for the the 2-1 Exaust from Bassani or TWIN Motorcycles in the Netherlands.We tryed a REMUS 2-1 Exaust ,open K&N Filter but the Brake was the 2-1 in higher Gears.
To make a long Story short,there so many Posts here about Fuelers from V&H or what ever.By the way.
The Headers you got on your Bike lookin cool but a Deathtrap for the Ponys you got on Board...)))).

Try this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are on the wrong Road.Sry for that but XR,s running lean with Stock Setttings.Open the Airfilter is not the right way to get more Power.If you want to make your XR run Perfect the first Step is a PowerVison.There are more Devices in the Market but try Youtube to understand what to do.Headworks are not succesfull when the Computer says NO.
You will get around 100HP with a open Airfilter and open Exaust.First you have to set the Bike right with what you got now.
Look for the the 2-1 Exaust from Bassani or TWIN Motorcycles in the Netherlands.We tryed a REMUS 2-1 Exaust ,open K&N Filter but the Brake was the 2-1 in higher Gears.
To make a long Story short,there so many Posts here about Fuelers from V&H or what ever.By the way.
The Headers you got on your Bike lookin cool but a Deathtrap for the Ponys you got on Board...)))).
Yeah every one of those pipes you listed are too small for hi rpm. Its actually quite easy to calculate. And bikes own computer is manipulated. And last i can go back to my dyno guy and tell him to manipulate the dyno so i can get 150hp out of my bike. So 100hp this and 100hp that is bullshit for me. Sory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts