XR pics

7K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  FrankG 
#1 ·
Lets try it this way!

Attachments

See less See more
G
#5 ·
OK, here is my 2,000 Km young XR1200. I am waiting for an Adrenalin Moto's larger air intake scoop, have been flow testing some custom air filters,removed the flapper valve, fitted up the Remus 2 into 1 system, and have a custom tune sitting on the computer ready to download as soon as the airbox/filter mods are completed. It also has the best number plate available in Australia:D Future mods are better rear shocks and I'll hand it over to the engine gurus for a look at what more can be done.
Regards Bob

G
#7 ·
this is mine...

changes so far:
Painted side cover and fender,
black levers from a nightster (they are the same)

future changes:
Remus 2 in 1 with matt finish and titanium muffler
Maybe paint the lower parts of the tank cover and airbox too...
smaller or at least smoked turn signals..
maybe smoked rear light too (same as every sportster)
and if money allows it better rear shocks (they're so *f-word* expensive...)

#14 ·
LSL make a lot of billet parts for various sportsbikes, including rearsets, superbike bar kits etc (we are a dealer for LSL parts :)).

The rearsets shown on the yellow show bike will allegedly be available in the near future, but they have no plans to make stuff like the wheels available. However, the wheels are pretty standard H-D hubs laced to aftermarket alloy 17" rims, so they should be available from places such as Talon engineering here in the UK. I'm sure there will be Supermoto wheel builder in the US who could do the same job too.

#15 ·
We are right in the middle of this 17 inch dilemma. I know an 06 and up dyna hub will not work,nor a flh hub, we haven't tried a xl hub yet. FYI the xr brake rotors are different than earlier models they are smaller, HD offers floating brake rotors in their accessory catalog. 09 model year specific.

we have managed to bolt up a 05 gsxr 1000 wheel, and 06 zx636 wheel fairly easily(just had to machine some spacers) But the big problems is the giant 310mm rotors. so the last hurdle for us right now is to find a 290-295mm rotor that has the bolt pattern of a gsxr 1k wheel. Which me thinks is non existent. So we are going to talk to our machine shop into making 292mm rotors with a gsxr bolt pattern. Unless anyone knows of a good Suzuki guy who can research this for us.

I will keep you guys posted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.