XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been surfing the site for while and have not been able to stop since I rode an XR1200 at a recent demo day. I loved it!!
I have been cruising around on an older suzuki intruder 750 and can't wait for the upgrade. My pennies are saved and hopefully in a week or two will have the new bike in the garage.
Thanks to everyone for all that I have learned so far and can't wait to participate in the forum.

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Welcome aboard xr man. The wait will be worth it. Never been to Jersey but i know it is home to one of the greatest musical talents ever. You know who I'm talking about?

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Welcome aboard xr man. The wait will be worth it. Never been to Jersey but i know it is home to one of the greatest musical talents ever. You know who I'm talking about?
Southside Johnny !!

Not that screamin, can't really sing (but is a good song writer), overblown hack from Long Branch and the Freehold Boro. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Can't really sing like Bob Dylan can't really sing.:clap:
Interesting comparison. (don't agree, but interesting)
I owned a chain of music stores for 10 years and played professionally for many more and I remember when the Born in the USA album came out that it was our number 1 selling album. Never did get it. But it made me a lot of money. :D
Now give his songs to Manfred Mann and you will see that he is a damn good song writer. And there is no doubt that The Big Man and Stevie are great musician's. I just think he Screams way too much, especially in concert. JMHO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wayne Shorter?
honestly the list of great Jersey musicians is much longer that the 2 pop tarts everyone knows about
Sorry about the highjack xr man

Haha...thats cool. New Jersey does not get a lot of respect so if it is for musicians, it will have to do. Right now I am living in Northern Monmouth county but hoping to make my way back to Sourthern Monmouth by the beach in the next year or so.
I have not seen an XR's on the road here yet so I will be trying to change that.

·
WTF???
15,969 Posts
Never been to Jersey but i know it is home to one of the greatest musical talents ever. You know who I'm talking about?
Jon Bon Jovi?

G

·
Just get the bike! I am exit 114! I am the Black XR12(me thinks the only XR in the area) with the Harley Bags (tiny!), luggage rack with back rest and smoked fly screen,
ALWAYS UP FOR A EARLY AM SUNDAY RUN! Left the house at 7 am, back by 11;30, went sw to New Gretna for breakfast 165 mile round trip!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Orange is the best I hear

So I went to Liberty Harley on Saturday and took the plunge! Unfortunately, I am headed out to Colorado for a long weekend starting tomorrow so no real time to ride yet.

I can't wait to get back and really put some miles on the bike. Black and Orange XR's sounds like a great combination rolling through the state.

Any advice on break in mileage. I was told to keep it below 50mph and 5K rpm for the first 500miles. Thats gonna be tough:whistling:

·
WTF???
15,969 Posts
So I went to Liberty Harley on Saturday and took the plunge! Unfortunately, I am headed out to Colorado for a long weekend starting tomorrow so no real time to ride yet.

I can't wait to get back and really put some miles on the bike. Black and Orange XR's sounds like a great combination rolling through the state.

Any advice on break in mileage. I was told to keep it below 50mph and 5K rpm for the first 500miles. Thats gonna be tough:whistling:
I kept mine under 3000 for about 250 miles, then under 4000 until about 500 miles. And I always kept it under 90 until after the break-in. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.