XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen much lately about people receiving the certificate and signed number plate for the first run of 750 bikes. Mine was ordered Dec. 12 and at the dealer on Dec. 26. The sales manager told me he thought I was somewhere around number 360 in the run. Should I have received the plate by now?
It's not a big deal, but it would be cool to hang it on the wall in my garage.

·
I piss excellence!
131 Posts
dunno......

I haven't seen much lately about people receiving the certificate and signed number plate for the first run of 750 bikes. Mine was ordered Dec. 12 and at the dealer on Dec. 26. The sales manager told me he thought I was somewhere around number 360 in the run. Should I have received the plate by now?
It definately sounds like you should be in there! The topic has dropped off lately, I figured everybody had one by now.

I'd call Harley customer service.....they've been pretty good at tracking these things down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up my bike 12/18 (#319 on the list) and still haven't seen my plate. I called HD about three weeks after I took delivery and assured I was getting one. Well here I am, the end of March, and still no plate.

It's almost like working for the government.

·
Some gave all
124 Posts
If you guys want one, I suggest you stay vigilant, H-D Customer Service might have an "Out of sight, out of mind" mentality. I had to stay on top of the issue and call somebody every three days or so. I finally got my plate and letter, but it felt like they did it to get rid of me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but that kinda bites because I would have thought HD would have been a little more prompt in sending them if they intended to have a little recognition. It doesn't look good to do it half-assed.

·
Some gave all
124 Posts
yes, it is sub standard behavior from a world class manufacturer, unfortunately.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the letter with the free ticket to the museum yesterday, but still nothing with the plate. I'll call customer service tomorrow. Thanks for the replies, guys. This site is by far the best resource I've found for XR1200 info.
Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what I love! I talked with CS today and the woman said that all of the original 750 had been ordered in November!

But if yours may have been 360 in December, and mine was built January 21st, I wonder if mine was at the tail end of the first 750?

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
This is what I love! I talked with CS today and the woman said that all of the original 750 had been ordered in November!

But if yours may have been 360 in December, and mine was built January 21st, I wonder if mine was at the tail end of the first 750?
that's not even close to being accurate. She's a dimwit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't recall exactly, but I think it was early December when the run of 750 XRs was announced at the LA bike show.
Didn't they say the bike would have to be ordered by Dec. 15?
Was it announced earlier?
How many XR1200s have been sold in the US?
FWIW, the sales manager told me I was definitely one of the first 750 and "somewhere around 350 or 360 on the list".
All this BS really ticks me off. Wouldn't it be nice if HD would just step up to the plate with the facts and end all this crap?

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Truthfully, I dont think there ever was a list, at least not a numbered list. I feel like all this "I was number xxx " was just the local sales guy blowing smoke to make his customer (you) feel good. Certainly the bike vin numbers dont mean anything as Dallara proved. The bike was announced on the HD website in mid to late november although the info leaked out a little earlier. Most of the US guys here didn't order their bikes until December and they among the first 750.
And really, what diff does it make what number your order was, unless you were number 1 or number 750?
CS is full of BS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The first 100 over here should have got a plaque of some sort.
I got the second bike that i know of and got nufin' :mad:
Hellck, all the bikes sold internationally should get a plate! Maybe something with a picture of a guinea pig embossed on it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Truthfully, I dont think there ever was a list, at least not a numbered list. I feel like all this "I was number xxx " was just the local sales guy blowing smoke to make his customer (you) feel good. Certainly the bike vin numbers dont mean anything as Dallara proved. The bike was announced on the HD website in mid to late november although the info leaked out a little earlier. Most of the US guys here didn't order their bikes until December and they among the first 750.
And really, what diff does it make what number your order was, unless you were number 1 or number 750?
CS is full of BS.

The sequence number is generated in the reply e-mail from HD to the dealer. I sat in the manager's office when he entered my data into their ordering program and the reply e-mail said I was #319. I would think HD would have a system for capturing those numbers as it shipped the bikes out.

·
Just need some extra time and a real long road.
258 Posts
Really?

When I got my bike I was never even told about any special plate or papers on the model.

And my dealer is pretty good overall.

Does someone know how to break down the VIN number on the fork so that I can figure out which number I have? It would just be nice to know when it was born...

Rick

1 - 20 of 42 Posts