XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I wouldn't sell them to him, unless he promises gives us a report of this track day, with pictures added. LOL!!!

Reactions: ghebinkim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't sell them to him, unless he promises gives us a report of this track day, with pictures added. LOL!!!
I'm a very conservative street rider, so it's nice to be able to push it a little more on the track while still staying within my comfort zone. Have a lot of work to do on body position and general track riding, and the XR is definitely the wrong bike for the job, but... ride what ya go?

This is a photo from Buttonwillow:

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Is this through Z2 Trackdays? Nice!!! Entering Lost Hills, or Exiting the Bus Stop? I spy the Steering Damper I need eventually.

·
used ta could
1,830 Posts
Ghebinkem, what kind of db rating are you after? I have one V&H quiet core than I could loan you for your track day. Unfortunately the other ones were “compromised” when I took them out.

·
used ta could
1,830 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ghebinkem, what kind of db rating are you after? I have one V&H quiet core than I could loan you for your track day. Unfortunately the other ones were “compromised” when I took them out.
I appreciate the offer, but the trackday organizer (Pacific Track Time) specifically states that your bike won't pass tech unless you have a dB killer installed or stock exhaust. Not sure if/how they check that, but I'm not sure I want to risk having only one installed and not passing tech. I will have to pass on your single insert offer, at least for now. Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this through Z2 Trackdays? Nice!!! Entering Lost Hills, or Exiting the Bus Stop? I spy the Steering Damper I need eventually.
This is actually Sunset, running clockwise. And I had the steering damper backed off completely to start with and figured I'd ramp it up as needed, but sort of forgot about it the rest of the day 😬

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I appreciate the offer, but the trackday organizer (Pacific Track Time) specifically states that your bike won't pass tech unless you have a dB killer installed or stock exhaust. Not sure if/how they check that, but I'm not sure I want to risk having only one installed and not passing tech. I will have to pass on your single insert offer, at least for now. Thanks anyway!
For this exact exhaust restriction reason, I will never be doing track day at Laguna Seca.

Reactions: ghebinkim

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Found a stock exhaust set, thanks @bossanova5 ! Good to meet you in person and glad our schedules lined up. Will keep everyone posted about riding the corkscrew!
Glad you got the parts you needed I look forward to seeing your pictures or if you happen to have a GoPro, then some videos.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright, here's a couple follow up questions for you folks:

1. What is this supposed to clamp on to? Didn't see anything in the parts fiche online. This is on the stock headers.

2. What is this part? It came in the box with the stock exhaust. Once again no luck with the parts fiche.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your questions are related! The clamp bolts to the end of that bracket (flattened part of the pipe)
The other part mounts to the engine just under the drive pulley

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is the parts fiche for that area:

For some reason to see the exhaust you have to look at a like 2011 or 2012 or newer XR1200X (you don't get the exhaust fiche for anything older /non X model)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is the parts fiche for that area:

View attachment 247939

For some reason to see the exhaust you have to look at a like 2011 or 2012 or newer XR1200X (you don't get the exhaust fiche for anything older /non X model)
Oh wow, super helpful. Thank you! I was on ronnieshd.com and didn't see a 2011 XR1200X listed, so i was looking at the 2010 XR1200 instead.

As a side note, wow these stock pipes are heavy!

·
used ta could
1,830 Posts
Oh wow, super helpful. Thank you! I was on ronnieshd.com and didn't see a 2011 XR1200X listed, so i was looking at the 2010 XR1200 instead.

As a side note, wow these stock pipes are heavy!
Don't worry. You'll grind the bottoms off them at the track and make them lighter:p:p

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,222 Posts
Don't worry. You'll grind the bottoms off them at the track and make them lighter:p:p
ORRR you could buy that Termi off of Geno.
Weighs 12lbs and one of the better preforming pipes around.
Of course I might be biased.:whistle:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts