XR1200 Owners Group banner

801 - 820 of 829 Posts

·
Bout a Dollar 3.98
771 Posts

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,751 Posts
Nice!...esp the twin plug heads, fork brace, oil cooler shroud, AP calipers, battery box, carb bell mouths etc. And the rider seems to be enjoying himself...

J.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice!...esp the twin plug heads, fork brace, oil cooler shroud, AP calipers, battery box, carb bell mouths etc. And the rider seems to be enjoying himself...

J.
well shack ,

Back in the day my riding buddy had one , same color , but no mods

I had a Guzzi Le Mans I . Electronic ign. and Bub pipes .

Riding in the mountains of West Va , he couldn't keep up at all .
And honestly , he was the better rider .

We eventually switched off and I flogged the crap out of that Beemer .... to no avail ,
it was slow , spongy susp. and weak brakes . I was so happy to get back on the Le Mans .

I loved that Guzzi !

George

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
well shack , Back in the day my riding buddy had one , same color , but no mods I had a Guzzi Le Mans I . Electronic ign. and Bub pipes . Riding in the mountains of West Va , he couldn't keep up at all . And honestly , he was the better rider . We eventually switched off and I flogged the crap out of that Beemer .... to no avail , it was slow , spongy susp. and weak brakes . I was so happy to get back on the Le Mans . I loved that Guzzi ! ... George
I had (still do) a R90S back in the day. Bought it new. Had just the opposite experience than you. Handled great, stopped fantastic, and would run with the Kawasaki 900's up till about halfway through 3rd gear. Stock Kaw's that is. Once you put a header on those Kaw's it was a different story. I did put Koni shocks on it and shimmed the front springs, heavier fork oil, and seems like I drilled some holes in the fork innards. Made my own mufflers.

·
Registered
693 Posts

J.
2012 Troy Corser riding the BMW R90S of Steve McLaughlin.

1976 , I was in turn nine of the original 1.9 mile track of Laguna Seca when Steve had this infamous crash. He jumped up looked at the smashed BMW, waved it off and walked away from the bike..

laguna seca turn 9  bmw.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #820
^^^That's some serious POWAH!!^^^

801 - 820 of 829 Posts