XR1200 Owners Group banner
13261 - 13280 of 13284 Posts

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
All that salt air would cause havoc on my XR.

Reactions: bentiverstaurheim

· Administrator
8,790 Posts
Don’t know if this will help, but try reading this older thread on the subject, also, if you put “66T pulley” in the search box, you might be surprised at what shows up.

Regards
Roy

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
@CT XR rider
I added the rear pulley and machining needed, to the end of that link. Sad a lot of older links are no longer viewable.

· Registered
176 Posts
@bentiverstaurheim wouldn't it just be easier to fit a 29T front sprocket, the difference in ratios between the 28/66 and 29/68 is minimal, 2.357 vs 2.345, and you could probably get one for less than the cost of machining the rear pully ?
Im sort of going all in . the 30 t is on bike .i want to try the 30/66 combo.
( i also have the 29 )..
Hopefully i will have it machined shortly after christmas. By some local expert😁👍👍

· Registered
48 Posts
Finally got around to installing this! I dyed the foam filter a darker color, sanded down the logo on the box itself, and repainted/refinished it. Happy with the results and also like how it is flush with the tank unlike the oem airbox.

I had Termignoni slipons on order too but the ebay vendor canceled them. Also waiting on my motorcycle jack replacement so I can get the bike in the air and get some new rubber on those wheels.

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I love that air box, but it was a little pricey. Very nice.

Couldn’t see in your pictures, but you can run the valve cover(rocker cover) vent hoses to a catch can, or just down the frame to open air.

Reactions: Blusmbl

· Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,729 Posts
Hey blusmbl,

I agree, the flush look is sweet. Pity you still have the age old problem of the the tank & airbox removal chore to replace/clean the element, but it is what it is. No regrets here transcending all that with a Free Spirits/Blackhorn intake. But I concede, yours does look neater.

J.

PS. And I like the gearshift decal on your R sidecover.

13261 - 13280 of 13284 Posts