XR1200 Owners Group banner

12841 - 12860 of 12883 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
I ordered a set of Hepco and Becker C-Bow mounts and bags yesterday. I have the C-Bow mounts on my Triumph Speed Twin, and H&B now makes a lockable hard bag for the C-Bow system. I've been impressed with the quality of the H&B products on the Speed Twin. I'll post again after I receive and install the XR pieces.
What bags did you order? H&B states that only the Royster bags can be used when the XR has the stock exhaust.

·
There's a fine line between tough and dumb...
981 Posts
I have a Torque Hammer 2 single can exhaust. I ordered the Orbit hard bags. They're 16L x 12H x 8.5 D; the Roysters are 17L x 9.8 H x 9.8D. Not sure if the statement on the H&B site takes the Orbit bags into consideration; I think they're relatively new. (I didn't see them listed when I ordered soft H&B bags for my Speed Twin.) I'll post something when they arrive. (The mounts weren't in stock in the USA, I think they may still be under construction in Germany...)

·
Registered
355 Posts
No worries Mate, I fully understand and respect your values and opnions. Glad the shocks worked out for you and you and yours are safe and healthy in these trying times. Will see if I can up load some pics of the current project on the XR, replacing the steering head bearings. Cheers!

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,749 Posts
No worries Mate, I fully understand and respect your values and opnions. Glad the shocks worked out for you and you and yours are safe and healthy in these trying times. Will see if I can up load some pics of the current project on the XR, replacing the steering head bearings. Cheers!
Excellent, those pics I'd be delighted to see!

Cheers,

J.

·
Registered
886 Posts
What I did to the XR yesterday? I was driving behind a truck that suddenly started losing gravel on the highway.
When I got home, I noticed this...

20200819_172731.jpg

And after 2 hours scr€wing around with two "custom made" aluminium plates and genuine HD heat resistant spray, it turned out like this. Good enough untill a new cooler arrives at the dealer (300euro, or $355, thanks a lot)

20200820_073114.jpg

I also noticed a few marks on the lower part of the front forks, but that's nothing compared to the oil cooler. Guess I'll order a cooler guard too.
And I thought I had evidence of the truck losing it's cargo, because I always use an action cam when I ride my bikes, but the frigging thing malfunctioned because a battery connection pin broke off :mad:

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,749 Posts
Only once had the unfortunate experience of following a truck slowly losing its load of sand but it was like finding myself caught in a sand blaster. I'm guessing gravel would be even worse. Probably best just to pull over for 5 mins and spare yourself the grief.

J.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Skiddy, a jet washer has never come near any of my bikes. Those things do more damage than anything else.
The nicks on the cross bars don't show in the picture. Even the R/R took a few hits and I found some of the gravel on top of the oil filter too. And bruises on my left shin between my boot and knee protector.

Shackman, I just got behind the truck because I was going to leave the highway. Bad timing and now I have to deal with the damage, but it could have ended worse.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Changed out front higher geared sprocket to standard front sprocket and love the new punch from the lights, I also changed tank cover to fast orange in preparation for the Marchesini wheels and Brembo rotors. I'm going with Michelin road 5 tires, the rear was in stock but there is a 2-3 week wait for the front

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed a new Battery, Got my leaky Front-Fork repaired, Installed Screamin' Eagle Phat Cables (Black) and put on my new Windscreen + gave it a quick Wash.
20200829_155108_2.jpg
20200829_155100.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
...got it back on the road, after 3 months unregistered due to a nasty back injury. Both it & I are happy to be mobile again!!! 62061854142__9A608805-95E9-4E71-B3EE-999E4F0BD4B6.jpg

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,749 Posts
Glad you're riding again Murray, nice XR you have. Is that a Buell style twin headlight setup you're running there? Any chance of a couple of pics looking at those lights front on, esp. how they are mounted?

Cheers,

J.

·
Bidness Manager
265 Posts
Glad you're riding again Murray, nice XR you have. Is that a Buell style twin headlight setup you're running there? Any chance of a couple of pics looking at those lights front on, esp. how they are mounted?

Cheers,

J.
Looks to me like they are dominator headlights with a fork clamp mount.

·
Bidness Manager
265 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep that's exactly the ones! I got them from someplace in US & ran them on my MT-01 for awhile. They looked too small there, and I think they look too small on the XR, too. Could never figure out why they have a gigantic, rubber-rimmed hole in the bottom of each. For one little wire. I'll post a shot from the front and some detail of the cool aluminium mounts, later today...

12841 - 12860 of 12883 Posts