XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
XR1200 2008
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was wondering what the ages are across the forum. Now I hope this next comment does not offend the majority here but I am now in my 60’s and have been riding all my life, and still ride far too fast, so this is why I have now bought this old plodder XR1200 😮 now like I said don’t be offended, but let’s be honest it’s not a quick bike by any means. It is for a Harley, but I know well that a good man on let’s say a 650sv would see off an XR1200 in the twisties. Oooooh I can already feel the anger bubbling 😂😂😂😂 don’t get me wrong I am already in love with mine, and it’s a keeper until I curl up my toes, but it will slow me down which I need. So let’s have some ages. I cannot be the oldest old fart here.

·
Administrator
8,364 Posts
Check out this thread, with a poll, I think you can still add to it, but not sure, maybe Geno can help with that.

·
Administrator
8,364 Posts
We had a few members in their 70’s and maybe one or two in their 80’s,
I was born in 1955, so this October, I’ll be 66 years old
Regards
Roy

·
Registered
XR1200 2008
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Roy I am 62 in a couple of months and yes I had a quick look at that thread, assuming some of those guys are still active and still have XR’s then I might be about about average 👍 I will ride until I can’t throw my leg over.
like I said I love my XR it is a great bike, let’s you know you are on a proper bike, and does not let you have all your own way.
I was a 1959 model apparently a good year on your side of the pond for Cadillacs.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
56 here, and like most of us, I don’t act like it either!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Reactions: JimJr1945

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will be 52 this year. The XR has just the right amount of torque and nastiness that I can get a shit eating grin, and not have to have my family members pry me from the bike when I return…

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
2,099 Posts
Just about to turn 65 in a couple of weeks and have had my orange '10 for 11 years now. That's 65 physically, probably more like 21 emotionally. But hey, really can't think of a better bike or forum to share my birthday with. They've both been fantastic.

J.

·
Registered
XR1200 2008
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey this is great I looking younger by each post 😂😂
Agree a great bike and good and helpful chaps on this forum.

·
Registered
XR1200 2008
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi TommyJ yes I did on a later post I am 62 this year seem to be in good company here ! More mature riders. Having said that I have not yet grown up, I feel that growing up is the slippery slope to old age 😂😂😂 the only trouble there is my body on the way out !

·
Registered
XR1200 2008
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey TommyJ why were you still in high school in 2008 😂 only joking I know you were referring to the 750

·
Registered
415 Posts
62 here. Still enjoy getting out on my bikes whenever I can. I particularly enjoy packing the bike with camping gear and head off on back roads for a few days in remote areas to get away from people.

·
Registered
XR1200 2008
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ditto that hoges. I am going up to the English Lake District on XR in couple of months. Great landscape great beer great ride.

·
Administrator
8,364 Posts
Ditto that hoges. I am going up to the English Lake District on XR in couple of months. Great landscape great beer great ride.
My Mom was born in Keswick, I've been there a few times, very nice country side, plenty of sheep.
When you go...take some pictures
Regards
Roy

1 - 20 of 61 Posts