1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Loving my new XR.
Looking around for luggage options........there doesn't seem to be any 😂
Does anyone have anything for sale or know anyone who manufactures anything.
Doesn't matter what, rack, sissy bar, saddle bag supports, bungee bars, tank bag etc.
TIA
Chris

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Welcome to the site Chris. If you search saddle or tail bag here, you will come up with a bunch of threads about these topics. Dont forget to introduce yourself iin the proper section, and add pictures of your XR. We like pictures!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you seen this?

Givi makes several sizes of tank bags that all fit the same mount. Looks like what you need to fabricate is the silver metal piece to lock down the mount. I would bet we have someone here that can do a run of these for us. :)

Alex

·
Registered
736 Posts
Have you seen this?

Givi makes several sizes of tank bags that all fit the same mount. Looks like what you need to fabricate is the silver metal piece to lock down the mount. I would bet we have someone here that can do a run of these for us. :)

Alexand
See # 6 and #7 you order the Yamaha attachment and modify the holes to line up

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks - even easier. I suspect the issue is that the XR has mounted at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, and the horseshoe mount only allows for 12, 3 & 9. Not sure how important the extra mount would be. Perhaps more important for the larger GIVI tank bags. Looks like they make everything from a 4L to a 25L and several in between.

Let me see how much REVZILLA $$ I have. These bags seem pretty reasonably priced as well.

Alex

·
Registered
2010 XR1200
19 Posts
Hi Guys,
Loving my new XR.
Looking around for luggage options........there doesn't seem to be any 😂
Does anyone have anything for sale or know anyone who manufactures anything.
Doesn't matter what, rack, sissy bar, saddle bag supports, bungee bars, tank bag etc.
TIA
Chris

·
Registered
2010 XR1200
19 Posts
Hey Chris! I’ll be the first to admit my taste in outfitting a bike is odd (cheap Macgyver approach). But I’m a commuter and have some long distance/ off road experience (be reasonably equipped for the ride). Luggage options should be flexible. I adopted from my ADV bike the Green Chili ADV soft rack/ luggage approach. Affordable, lite weight, very flexible and not locked into one brand. Below is my bike. The dry bag carries tools, extra bags, tire repair kit (pump+gauge). On work days I strap my large courier bag to the top. Let me know what you come up with. Fun versatile bike👍

1623414820545.jpeg
1623414786620.jpeg 1623415068628.jpeg
1623415091116.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts