XR1200 Owners Group banner
1721 - 1734 of 1734 Posts

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
2,058 Posts
Racing my 85 GPz550 at Thunderhill Raceway in 2013, and it threw a rod. The rest is history. Pulled way off course in turn 2 just to be nice, but the workers at Turn 1 couldn’t get there in time. Camera melted, but the memory card obviously survived.

Before:

View attachment 247918

During:

View attachment 247919

After:

View attachment 247920

Yes, there is a first place trophy on the melted seat, because I had won the Vintage Race just before this one. When things don’t sound right, pull off track instead of trying to nurse it back to the pits.
Rough break!
At least it makes a good war story though. And pics...

J.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

Still won the championship. Lost my Cousin on the left in 2015 to liver failure, and my brother on the right to Heart failure 2020. Best crew I ever had for 4 the years racing. Yep I am the Doofus in the middle.

·
Super Moderator
12,676 Posts
Hey @Corey, thanks for sharing this post. Can there be much more drama for anyone. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hey @Corey, thanks for sharing this post. Can there be much more drama for anyone. Cheers!
So after that they were three more races so I took my commuter bike which is the same but more stock, How did the number plates, Moriwaki Exhaust, race carbs, applied a whole bunch of decals do it, and finish out the rest of the season. I had enough points to where I did not have to race in anything else the rest of the season but because I was having so much fun I did this anyhow. The last race was with another guy who had a single cylinder 650 Weslake that used to race in speedway, added to a street bike and if you watch, I lost by a nose but it was the best loss ever. If I would not have told him the checkered flag stand is that’s not where the end of timing and scoring is, I would’ve won my 7th in a row for that season but six in a row was fine for me.

Rear Camera:

Front Camera:

Reactions: Seamus and raven

·
Bout a Dollar 3.98
782 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: geno and Chipmaker

·
Registered
365 Posts
I gotta ask- HOW DO THEY DO THAT ?! and Make it look so easy ?!

I'm not a big fan of the artificial trials type events , but it does bring the sport to fans \that
aren't gonna trudge over hill and dale .

I've been to several World Trials in the U S ( years ago ) and the control the guys exhibit is jaw dropping .

Thanks for the video .....

George

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,418 Posts
Thanks Cory, that was fun to watch.
I guess the saying " The older I get, The faster I was" will not apply to you.(y)

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Thanks Cory, that was fun to watch.
I guess the saying " The older I get, The faster I was" will not apply to you.(y)
Oh it will on the XR, never got to max out the GPz. There is always someone faster out there so I ride within my limits or power-band.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
1721 - 1734 of 1734 Posts