XR1200 Owners Group banner
1701 - 1720 of 1734 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Vanishing Point. Built for Speed, questions still being asked nearly 50 year later.

I was working at my brother Gas Station when this Movie came out.

·
My hovercraft is full of eels
970 Posts
Thanks for posting. I keep hearing about this movie but have never seen it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Videos Just Because - F1 driver Schumacher on a ride along ? On the back of a Moto GP bike ? !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLLvzguIBss

I cut and pasted the above link twice , still can't click to play ??
just cut and paste yourself in your browser window ......

this was in 2006 , about 15 years after Mamola stopped racing GP

he sure seems right at home still

I loved him :rolleyes: , a terrific competitor , often not on the best equipment

never won a 500 GP championship ( that surprised me ! ), but finished 2nd 4 times

meanwhile re. Schumacher -

The racer has not made a public appearance in more than seven years, after he had to make an abrupt retirement from Formula One seven years ago, following a severe brain injury he sustained on a skiing trip to the Swiss alps. The seven-time world champion has not appeared in public since.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Just watched that clip last night. There is a lot of great stuff to watch about Mamola on YouTube. Even thought he was not on the best equipment he sure put on a show with his riding skill and antics.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: Videos Just Because - F1 driver Schumacher on a ride along ? On the back of a Moto GP bike ? !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLLvzguIBss

I cut and pasted the above link twice , still can't click to play ??
just cut and paste yourself in your browser window ......

this was in 2006 , about 15 years after Mamola stopped racing GP

he sure seems right at home still

I loved him :rolleyes: , a terrific competitor , often not on the best equipment

never won a 500 GP championship ( that surprised me ! ), but finished 2nd 4 times

meanwhile re. Schumacher -

The racer has not made a public appearance in more than seven years, after he had to make an abrupt retirement from Formula One seven years ago, following a severe brain injury he sustained on a skiing trip to the Swiss alps. The seven-time world champion has not appeared in public since.

·
Super Moderator
8,331 Posts
Just glancing at a couple of videos on you tube, and came across this one... really nothing special about it...until...about the 39 second part of the video
There is a picture of one of our members and his XR1200 in the background
Springer, Rest in Peace brother!!

Regards
Roy

·
Super Moderator
8,331 Posts
short video of a young lady in California, first bike is a XR1200, she takes it out on a track in California to get better riding it.

·
used ta could
2,011 Posts
I guess I chose riding motorcycles instead of getting an education also. But I had a strong back.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
First motorcycle is an XR1200? Must be nice. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Racing my 85 GPz550 at Thunderhill Raceway in 2013, and it threw a rod. The rest is history. Pulled way off course in turn 2 just to be nice, but the workers at Turn 1 couldn’t get there in time. Camera melted, but the memory card obviously survived.

Before:

During:

After:

Yes, there is a first place trophy on the melted seat, because I had won the Vintage Race just before this one. When things don’t sound right, pull off track instead of trying to nurse it back to the pits.

1701 - 1720 of 1734 Posts