XR1200 Owners Group banner
1681 - 1700 of 1734 Posts

·
used ta could
2,011 Posts
Yamaha RZ500 V4

A buddy of mine had one of those in his shop in Hesperia. A customer wanted him to make it run right. It was a Canada bike also. He said he could not find part one for it. It sat for a long time. I don’t know what happened to it. I wanted it but I sure didn’t have the resources to make it bitchen again.

·
Registered
824 Posts
A buddy of mine had one of those in his shop in Hesperia. A customer wanted him to make it run right. It was a Canada bike also. He said he could not find part one for it. It sat for a long time. I don’t know what happened to it. I wanted it but I sure didn’t have the resources to make it bitchen again.

Back in the late 80s my friend bought a RZ500. I was talking to him last year about the bike, he had taken it apart to do some repairs, could not get some parts. Now it is scattered around his garage.

Recently I was talking to a Snap On Tool Dealer, about 15 years ago he lived in Japan for one year teaching English. He said he found a Brand New Aluminum frame for his Steel frame RZ500. Parts for Vintage motorcycle were readily available then. Now they are harder to find and expensive.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks !

Walter Villa now that's a name I haven't heard in many a year !
The shorty with goggles is a nice touch .

Restored or maybe a replica ? Regardless , a beautiful bike with a nice sound .

But AMF days , quite forgettable in some ways .

FYI , some may not know , if you double click the upper left of the video it will take you to the utube address where you can expand the screen and also see the comments .

George

·
Registered
2012 xr1200x
917 Posts
Thanks !

Walter Villa now that's a name I haven't heard in many a year !
The shorty with goggles is a nice touch .

Restored or maybe a replica ? Regardless , a beautiful bike with a nice sound .

But AMF days , quite forgettable in some ways .

FYI , some may not know , if you double click the upper left of the video it will take you to the utube address where you can expand the screen and also see the comments .

George
You're welcome
The amf days are the only times that harley was competitive against other bikes and winning championships. Won a few gp races, the baja500 with the mx250 and no need to mention the xr750 and it's success

·
Registered
365 Posts
Perhaps it was a case of ' unintended acceleration ' and not the drivers fault ?

Ha , ha , just jokin' fellas . :whistling:

When I was working we had quite a few people claim that crap .
The Honda rep would have to come and inspect the vehicle .
Not one was ever substantiated of course .

Not saying it never actually happened on some vehicle .
But mostly hit the wrong pedal , or the aftermarket floor mat stuck on the gas pedal .

That is without a doubt one of the most bizarre videos that I've seen .
Everybody has video right in their hand today ...........

George

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,418 Posts
Drivers are getting worse. We have had at least two deaths lately because the car driver crossed the center line and hit the motorcyclist head on.
Both on a straight road.:censored:

1681 - 1700 of 1734 Posts