XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
certified tool
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, these are supposed to be out as of 4-20-09. I think someone should install these and post dyno results immediately! :D

I really wanna see a dyno on these because the chart they have on their website just doesn't seem to match any other dyno chart I've seen on this motor. There's no dip around 4-5 grand. just smooth and linear the whole way up, even on the baseline;

Other dyno charts;

Also, what do yall think of these aesthetically? I think they look pretty good, I don't care for how it covers half of the work sportster though. Maybe it makes more power though...

If anyone has any more dyno charts, post em up!

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
I like 'em. I'm waiting for a sound byte and a torque curve before I even consider them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like the looks. I have VH on my other two bikes. Great company!

G

·
Fuel pack ?

ok but which Tune Box of fuel pack can we use for the xr right now exept the stupid and expensive ScreamingEagle fueulpack

·
1,205 Posts
ok but which Tune Box of fuel pack can we use for the xr right now exept the stupid and expensive ScreamingEagle fueulpack
when i first heard about these pipes, i contacted v&h via email and they responded right back. they said that they expected that you would need some sort of fuel/air mod and they (of course) mentioned their own fuelpak.

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
hmmmm....

when i first heard about these pipes, i contacted v&h via email and they responded right back. they said that they expected that you would need some sort of fuel/air mod and they (of course) mentioned their own fuelpak.
A nice little shortcut may be Adrenalin Matt's Remus Powerizer...benefits of a tuner in a plug and play package...of course you don't have the adjustability options....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dont expect the V&H dyno results with just a bolt-on exhaust. This is after tuning, which I assume is with a fuelpak.

V&H also quoted this exhaust as being 19lbs with the stock exhaust as 33lbs.

It seems a winner on price and performance. Who's first?

·
certified tool
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have not had very good results with this unit. Although I don't care for piggybacks, I would recommend the power commander if thats the route you wanted to take.

·
1,205 Posts
vance & hines widow

Hey guys,
I spoke to Vance & Hines today and got some info on the widow pipes.They sent me another chart that shows the torque curve for these pipes to go along with the HP curve that they have shown on their website. Problem is, that it is in an adobe .pdf format and I haven't yet figured out how to post it. When I figger it out, I'll post it.
Also, they said that they should have units for shipping around the 5th of May (roughly). They intend to put a sound byte on their website as soon as they can.
Last, the HP and torque curves that they are showing us are from a bike equipped with a PC5, because they didn't have a fuel map yet for their own FuelPak unit. They now have the map for their own unit. The V&H FuelPak is not really adjustable like other units. They supply you with the map codes based on your bike and pipes. These codes are based on dyno testing that they do in their own shop. You dial in the code & off you go. At least that's what I got from the explanation.
Wish I could post the chart. torque peaks near 75 ft-lbs at 4500 rpm and stays significantly higher through the rest of the range.
Like I said, I'll post it when I can.

G

·
header

Is the V&H header pipe a "stepped" diameter as some of the others? Also, is it ceramic coated or just painted?

·
1,205 Posts
Is the V&H header pipe a "stepped" diameter as some of the others? Also, is it ceramic coated or just painted?
Black Ceramic is the only finish available. As for "stepped"...while it may not be typical, they are 2 into 1 and then back into 2 again. you can see them in another thread titled XR exhaust options, page 4.

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Cybr, open the file and take a screen shot, save it and post it, if you cant I'll PM you my e mail send it to me and i will do a screen shot and send it back and you can post it or i can post it for you.

I was talking to a dyno guy the other day who reckons that PC V is a very good tool.

G

·
Retail of $695? (I think that's what the website said) - so with the other necessary mods what would you be looking at all-in? -I really like the looks of those pipes.
Think there'd be a weight reduction over stock?

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Here is the dyno chart that V&H sent to Cybrdyke
Sorry its on the large side but i thought i would leave it this size so you could read it.

G

·
Wow 19 lbs is light.

Looking at that chart, most of the increases come in the "fun zone" over 4000 rpms - is that pretty common for aftermarket exhaust?

·
certified tool
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The torque and horsepower don't cross at 5252?
How could this be!!!

·
Metal cannot think, therefore it cannot be held re
821 Posts

They do in reality. The vertical scale for torque is not incremented the same as the vertical scale for horse power in this instance. If you go across to 5252rpm and draw an imaginary vertical line until it hits the relevant curve, and then read across to the relevant vertical scale, you'll see that they do actually cross at the same values.
The normal way to present things would be to use the same scale increments. Very misleading though, we naturally have a tendency to view the left hand scale on a graph.

·
1,205 Posts
you got it right boz. it's like coke & pepsi, some folks like charts this way, some like charts the other...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts