XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
www.jp2code.net
20,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I slipped across this little jewel of an exhaust system, and thought I'd post up.

They kind of have that Supertrapp thing going on, but they don't look quite as big.

I like them, but that's just me.

Details:

Motostage V-Speed XR1200 (hope you read Japanese)

·
Super Moderator
8,246 Posts
Cool looking pipes Joe, I like them because they don't extend way out past the rear shock.
Nice find, I bet there not cheap plus shipping from Japan!!
Regards
Roy

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Cool looking pipes Joe, I like them because they don't extend way out past the rear shock.
Nice find, I bet there not cheap plus shipping from Japan!!
Regards
Roy

Exactly my opinion!
And yes, nice find!
Google translator didn't work for me either...
But if they cost 115,000 Yen, that's about US$1,450

·
H-D guy
247 Posts
Excellent!

·
Straights are only to get to the next corner
2,686 Posts
I like the twin V-Speed pipe. On the Sporty it looks like they have a Supertrapp like internal disk system. Not sure about ground clearance though...

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
they are a nicely made and expensive piece. They do use Supertrapp internals. I think the ground clearance is probably decent, better that the Supertrapps, they look like they tuck in pretty tight.

·
www.jp2code.net
20,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Me, too!

I had a dream about them last night, too. Some people dream about girls; I dream about sexy pipes. What's wrong with me?

·
Scaring the crap out of Sportbikes everywhere.
1,029 Posts
Streettracker, I call on your wisdom and experience to answer an age old question, if you answered it already please direct me to the thread:
Which design is inherently better for high performance, 2 into 2 or 2 into 1?

I say inherently ("existing in someone or something as a permanent and inseparable element, quality, or attribute") because there are too many variations of tuning, pipe diameter, length etc. to consider.

·
My other ride is your bitch
1,872 Posts
they are a nicely made and expensive piece. They do use Supertrapp internals. I think the ground clearance is probably decent, better that the Supertrapps, they look like they tuck in pretty tight.
But they don't have F1 joints with motocross springs.

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
Streettracker, I call on your wisdom and experience to answer an age old question, if you answered it already please direct me to the thread:
Which design is inherently better for high performance, 2 into 2 or 2 into 1?

I say inherently ("existing in someone or something as a permanent and inseparable element, quality, or attribute") because there are too many variations of tuning, pipe diameter, length etc. to consider.
Well, not easy to answer, but the rule of thumb with Harley exhaust is a Good Two into One will make more power over a wider powerband, and on a mild motor as much if not more up top as well. When you get into a Full bore race Harley motor, with High Compression and BIG Cams and Heads, and a power band that starts at more like 5,000 RPM, the 2 into 2 works better with our V Twin Odd Firing orders. Other V Twin designs work differently as far as power band requirements, but the same theory.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts