XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ARQ Photography
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really really like the look of the V&H Shotshots. I know they "rob you of (high-end)power", but don't you gain low end torque in replace? I've looked at my friend's XL with Shortshots and the only thing that I can see that would possibly cause a problem would be the tension sprocket getting in the way of one of the mounting brackets, which could easily be fixed with a custom one. Other than these two "disadvantages", which one of them can be clammed as advantage if you like low end torque, what am I missing? Oh and possibly the rear break "pedal" might touch it, which could also be fixed. Why doesn't anyone make a set that looks like these, that would mount onto an XR?

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,568 Posts
It doesn't always follow that loss of power up top will be replaced by low end torque, a poor performing pipe will always be just that. Shortshots fall into the category of noisy and underachieving. That aside I can see that they could be construed as a bit of a looker, just not on an XR IMO.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It doesn't always follow that loss of power up top will be replaced by low end torque, a poor performing pipe will always be just that. Shortshots fall into the category of noisy and underachieving. That aside I can see that they could be construed as a bit of a looker, just not on an XR IMO.
well said !! I was refraining from posting because I didn't want to come across as a a hole. You worded it a lot nicer then I could have lol.

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,568 Posts
well said !! I was refraining from posting because I didn't want to come across as a a hole. You worded it a lot nicer then I could have lol.
LOL, I dunno, that reads like a very polite way of calling me an a hole.:rolleyes:

·
www.jp2code.net
20,691 Posts
The saying here, Art, is "It takes one to know one." :clap:

I liked my own "slash cut" pipe. It made some good power, too.

If I could have gotten around that silly Texas Law about baffles easily, I would probably still be running it today.

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
My Wife had the V&H short shots on her 88" Fat Boy for years. Eventually I put one of our Patriot Defender 2 into 1's on it without telling her. She looked at it and said when did I get new pipes, and why? I said just a little R&D for work. She went for a ride, now understand that while she's not afraid to twist the throttle pretty hard, she doesn't rev it much. She came back and said she almost fell off the back when she gassed it from a stop sign, it had so much more bottom end, she thought I did more to the motor! The short shots are all about "the Look" and NOTHING else!

·
Burden to society
3,317 Posts

If I could have gotten around that silly Texas Law about baffles easily, I would probably still be running it today.

Joe I can't imagine how loud that thing was.....

·
ARQ Photography
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That looks pretty awesome actually. What set up is/was that before you cut em?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
www.jp2code.net
20,691 Posts
That looks pretty awesome actually. What set up is/was that before you cut em?
Take the stock headers, weld a 6-inch extension to them, couple them with a 2-1 collector, and you're done.

Somewhere in my garage, I have stashed a black and a silver set. I tried selling them for $200 to cover my costs, but there was no interest.

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
Holy bandwidth joe - could you post a few more pictures of that pipe? LOL

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Here is another option. I just saw this on ebay.

My mother always said, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. I have nothing to say about this exhaust.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
There's also one of the forum members from England with an XRX and an interesting home made exhaust... can't remember who it is though...
Turned out pretty nice too imo...

·
www.jp2code.net
20,691 Posts
Holy bandwidth joe - could you post a few more pictures of that pipe? LOL
Sorry about that!

I was in the Photobucket Preview page. When I pasted those clips before, I got the exact little thumbnails that I was looking at, but not this time.

FYI: My DSL is pokey slow at home, so I didn't wait for my post to load-up after I submitted it because it was taking a while. Apparently, that's why! LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts