XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my sale, just sharing. Pricey, but looks clean.

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,222 Posts
Black widow's went for about $600 new and the race exhaust was stainless which these are not.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The last couple sets on eBay that were listed for $650 or somewhere thereabouts sold immediately.

I think these will be on there for a while...... But that being said, we can't be too choosey these days, we don't have many options on an aging platform. I paid $800 a week ago for Termignoni slip ons, and that was the best price I could find.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve heard this system tends to have a problem rusting. is it just because the metal used was not protected by good enough paint to begin with?

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,827 Posts
I’ve heard this system tends to have a problem rusting. is it just because the metal used was not protected by good enough paint to begin with?
Not sure if paint quality was a factor, more inclined to believe the non stainless steel Widows were made of fairly ordainary mild steel. We've had quite a few horror stories with pics here over the years of them rusting/cracking/splitting etc. Personally I wouldn't touch a non ss pair with a barge pole. Save your pennies, search around and get something higher quality- Torque Hammer, Termi, Bassani etc and there are others. You just have to hunt. Use the search box above to start with.

J.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Shackman

My 2009 has a Bassani. I was just posting this for others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts