XR1200 Owners Group banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The teams are taking this thing pretty serious. Lots of money and talent being invested for one race, makes you think they may do it again.

Some of the racers: Josh Herrin, Tyler O’Hara, Michael Barnes, Ben Bostrom, and Travis Wyman, among others.

I would think this is going to be point and shoot race with high hp being the winning factor. That 200hp Trask bike with Travis Wyman looks to be a killer combination.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,827 Posts
If some of those parts ever migrate out to the street there's going to be some pretty gnarly baggers getting around!

Great vid again, Jim.

J.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Herrin is a real fan favorite. It was smart putting him on one of these. I bet they get some record viewership for this thing.

I still think Trask is the bike to beat.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I really hope the race is a success and MotoAmerica make a series out of it for next year. The really sad thing is the are not allowing spectators at the Laguna Seca round this year. So we won't be able to see if it brings in more spectators.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,827 Posts
Neat vids, thx Jim. I'm warming to this whole concept. Imagine shedding 25% of the gross weight of an 800 lb stock bagger and dropping in 170 hp. Like, the output of TWO healthy XR motors but with only 50 lb more than us, ready to race. Must go like a cut cat!

Then wrestling it round a track like Laguna Seca, wow. Love to see these negotiate the Corkscrew, that would take me back to '81 and watching a Kawasaki Z1300 race at Bathurst, particularly through the Cutting.

J.

·
Super Moderator
12,535 Posts
^^^ Great vids Jim. Thanks for sharing! ^^^

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,827 Posts
Excellent stuff, Jim! Looks like an HD managed to recover to out qualify the Indian for pole!

J.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Okay,last 3 Laps shows its all.Indian is a modern Bike,Harley goes well.

Ben Bostrom,i remember Times when he fights on Ducati............Times goes by.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts