XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the odds of that? Barnetts in El Paso had one in May and last week an independent repair shop in Hays Kansas had one on the floor, a denim white XRX. I think i've seen way more XR's on showroom floors than on the road. Hard to believe at this time there are still any left for sale.

· Administrator
8,790 Posts
Yup, the ones that get me are the ultra low mileage ones, the ones that are 11 or 12 years old with just a few thousand miles on the clock, sometimes those come up for sale, makes me shake my head!
Regards
Roy

· Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,728 Posts
I noticed this phenomenom a while back. Not sure what it says about our beloved XR's. Especially when the ultra low mileage examples have expensive & desirable mods to suspension/exhaust/wheels etc. Maybe there's a subtle cohort of owners who just prefer to improve and look at their bikes rather than ride them...

J.

· Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. Both of them were low mileage clean XR's. Didn't ask the price of the one in Hays. We stopped in to get a tire replaced on one of the other bikes so we weren't bike shopping.

· Registered
176 Posts
I noticed this phenomenom a while back. Not sure what it says about our beloved XR's. Especially when the ultra low mileage examples have expensive & desirable mods to suspension/exhaust/wheels etc. Maybe there's a subtle cohort of owners who just prefer to improve and look at their bikes rather than ride them...

J.
I try to ride more than looking..keeping my orange warm ,burning trouser leg, tire wear up on the sides etc etc.😁😉

· Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Mississippi. You'd be surprised how much you can carry on an XR with the luggage rack and some sportbike saddlebags(with bungee bars). I've taken several long distance trips on mine over the years.

· Braap!
2009 XR1200
350 Posts
I've owned my bike for 5 years, and have only ever saw one other in the wild - that includes at any dealer.

Wait! I did see one in a vendor tent at Americade - it was 'the owners wifes', and only had about 600 miles on it.

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
There are a few Members in my area, but I have only seen @ranbush and his Orange Marmalade twice.

Reactions: bentiverstaurheim

· Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe i can make the East Coast ride next year. My main problem is we always have a club National Run on Memorial Day which is usually the following week after the East Coast ride. If it's a short run it's no problem but this year it was a 1200 mile one way ride. Little too much riding in such a short time for these old bones. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts