·
Super Moderator
12,559 Posts
Geno likey!

·
Reading the Pictures
'12 "x" always in-the-works..
215 Posts
Got a little more done with this ride. I just want to say a big THANKS to one of the members on here ,Jeremy Connors, for giving me a GREAT deal on the rear sets View attachment 247418 View attachment 247419 and some brake parts.(Not sure why it put the pictures in the middle of the writing ) anyway , just got the lower triple back from powder coat ,after I had ground off alll the sand cast marks and removed a tab for steering damper. Front end can now go back together and start taking measurements for top triple .
YEAH, Buddy 👏
Keep going w/ this thing..!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Man it's hard to get a good picture in my shop,must be all the shite on the wall's .But thats what makes a shop a shop. I cant go much further ahead till I get a top triple on this old dog. Then I can finish the brake lines,set the bar height,change all the wire connectors over from HD to Suzuki,do the head bearings,install custom Motion Pro clutch cable,hook up throttle cables,decide what seat arrangement we are going to use (foam pad vs stock seat heavily modified),bleed brakes,oil change,trans change, mirrors and signals....... I gotta go......this list is too long to be sitting here writing about it. Belly pan is barely visible

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I for will be following what you intend to use for alternate headlight, and turn indicator switches, as I too would like to run the Rev2 Throttle. Looks like you are set up for the number plate headlight assembly. Looks very cool in that color.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,880 Posts
Man it's hard to get a good picture in my shop,must be all the shite on the wall's .But thats what makes a shop a shop. I cant go much further ahead till I get a top triple on this old dog. Then I can finish the brake lines,set the bar height,change all the wire connectors over from HD to Suzuki,do the head bearings,install custom Motion Pro clutch cable,hook up throttle cables,decide what seat arrangement we are going to use (foam pad vs stock seat heavily modified),bleed brakes,oil change,trans change, mirrors and signals....... I gotta go......this list is too long to be sitting here writing about it. Belly pan is barely visible
View attachment 247740
Looking very impressive. There's something about those stacked headlights & the mount that really appeals to me, like an XR meets Ducati 999 kind of thing. Only thing is, with all that work would you you be content with leaving some hp on the table by continuing to use a stock type intake as the ? filter on the bike stand suggests? Or pick up about 4 hp and dispense with a laborious periodic job of filter replacement by fitting a Blackhorn?

J.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Looking very impressive. There's something about those stacked headlights & the mount that really appeals to me, like an XR meets Ducati 999 kind of thing. Only thing is, with all that work would you you be content with leaving some hp on the table by continuing to use a stock type intake as the ? filter on the bike stand suggests? Or pick up about 4 hp and dispense with a laborious periodic job of filter replacement by fitting a Blackhorn?

J.
I'm not to worried about horsepower,where I live,it's more about suspension,braking,and rider talent. I'm pretty sure I have at least two of those boxes checked 😁

·
Reading the Pictures
'12 "x" always in-the-works..
215 Posts
View attachment 247740
And he delivers! Great progress man.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So I'm sticking with the rear wheel set up for now,it's just too damn hard to get parts for the chain conversion right now. here's what I got for 2021.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,880 Posts
Extremely nice! Great shaping of colour panels, reminds me of the curvier versions of the GSXR's.
How about a pic from in front so we can have a proper look at those headlights?

J.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Your XR's looking great shortbus, I really like the blue tank and the matching wheels. The rest of your work is awesome.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts