XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have been quietly planning this ride. Last year we had 11 riders and a big and long breakfast. This year I think we need to break our World Record for most XR's in one place and do a bit more riding. Don't be intimidated as I will do maps so that you can ride at your own pace and end up at the same stops. Not everyone likes to ride at Attila or Maddog's pace the whole time, plus there will be plenty of good scenery to take in. I'd much rather everyone rides at their own comfort level then have to load them in the ambulance because they thought they needed to prove they were boy racer - Hey, there's always someone faster ~ unless you're Rossi, or FASTKEVIN :rolleyes:

Right now the plan is to meet early (8:00 am) for breakfast at the World Famous Cook's Corner http://www.cookscorners.com/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook's_Corner from there we will head out through Trabuco Oaks, heading south toward the Ortega Hwy. That drops us into Lake Elsinore, from there we head to Big Bear Lake and Chad's Place. At this point we will have done right at 150 Miles with NO FREEWAY! This is about 4 hours of Riding time - not including gas stops etc. so it will be a full day, especially after the ride home from Big Bear, which for me will be another 85 miles or 145 for Geno.

So what do you So Cal guys think? Sound like fun - Too Long, Too Short ~ Please give you input ASAP so I can write the route.

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
Sounds perfect to me. :clap::clap::clap:

·
Desert John
151 Posts
Even though I won't be there (I'll be watching the pros race XRs at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah), might I suggest that from Elsinore you continue on 74 (crappy 20 miles) up the hill to 243 via Idyllwild and down to Beaumont. IMHO, 243 is the best road in CA! From Beaumont you head up through Oak Canyon to 38 and up over Onyx Pass (8500 feet) and into Big Bear. Did it today! Check your maps, or even better if you're a HOG, use their Ride Planner. Have a blast you guys. Perhaps next year I'll skip Salt Lake City?

·
Super Moderator
12,645 Posts
2nd Annual Epic Ride!

Dam good Street! I'm on this like a duck on a Junebug! Come on SoCal boyz and gurls.....let's go!:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
"...I see the state line in my lights, Engine take
'09 XR1200 (Stealth Black)
345 Posts
Not in So Cal...

So what do you So Cal guys think? Sound like fun - Too Long, Too Short ~ Please give you input ASAP so I can write the route.

Even though I'm in Nor Cal, I'll 'pipe up'!:cool:

If ONLY I wasn't already "encumbered" as Lead Road Captain in our Local HOG chapter's 3 day weekend event; I'd ride my :asshole: down there just for the fun!!! I have had the pleasure of riding many of those roads at various times in the past...to do them all together in one day, with other "like minded" XR riders is gonna be sweet! :clap::clap::clap:

~~~Is any ride really ever "too long"?!?!?! :rolleyes:

'Envious' in the "East Bay":devil:

·
Mech Class Drop Out
89 Posts
Im down. What date are we looking at?

Gp

·
So Cal
188 Posts
I'd like to go too. I don't have my XR1200X yet, so I'll be on my Buell Lightning if you don't mind. It's like 1/2 an XR.

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, It is Sunday May 29. For those that don't want to ride that much, or can't spend the whole day, there are various drop out points that make it easy to head back home.
Elsinore is about 50 miles into the ride and you can hit the 15 to head out
We'll be crossing the 60 in Beaumont at about 100 miles total, easy to cut back to LA
There is no freeway on the route and probably 80+% is twisty types, so it should be great fun.

So who's in?

Non XR's are welcome - BUT only if you don't OWN an XR. If you leave the XR at home and ride something else we reserve the right to ridicule you for the entire day and out you on here (but you're still welcome)

·
Registered
886 Posts
OK, It is Sunday May 29. For those that don't want to ride that much, or can't spend the whole day, there are various drop out points that make it easy to head back home.
We'll be crossing the 60 in Beaumont at about 100 miles total, easy to cut back to LA
There is no freeway on the route and probably 80+% is twisty types, so it should be great fun.

So who's in?

Non XR's are welcome - BUT only if you don't OWN an XR. If you leave the XR at home and ride something else we reserve the right to ridicule you for the entire day and out you on here (but you're still welcome)
Sounds great Don... really lookin forward too it!!!

Bear... :scooter:

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
You know I am in. Doc (CrzyMD) I am sure will be there. I talked to another fellow Bakersfield Chapter Member yesterday, he is having a shoulder repaired and won't be able to make it. Does Bakersfield have the highest count of XROG members (3) than any city in the world?

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You know I am in. Doc (CrzyMD) I am sure will be there. I talked to another fellow Bakersfield Chapter Member yesterday, he is having a shoulder repaired and won't be able to make it. Does Bakersfield have the highest count of XROG members (3) than any city in the world?
If we still count Kevin - I call three for Orange, Ca

·
Super Moderator
12,645 Posts
I will be there!

................. Does Bakersfield have the highest count of XROG members (3) than any city in the world?
MD don't be a silly :asshole:. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
12,645 Posts

So who's in?

Don, If you have the route mapped or completely planned. I would like to know the specifics when you get an opportunity. No rush, anytime before 4:00 would be OK. :)

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don, If you have the route mapped or completely planned. I would like to know the specifics when you get an opportunity. No rush, anytime before 4:00 would be OK. :)
Geno, Geno, Bo Beno , banana fana fo feano .... Sorry it was playing on the radio, for those old enough to remember the song "The Name Game"
PM me your email and I'll shoot you the preliminary map details.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts