XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,687 Posts
Hope everyone south of the boarder has a happy and safe Turkey Day
Hello Bruce, as a fellow Canadian, it’s the least I can do, to drop in here and join you in extending best wishes from north of the border to all American members.🇨🇦🇺🇸🇨🇦🇺🇸
Harry

· Registered
2,687 Posts
Hello Bruce, as a fellow Canadian, it’s the least I can do, to drop in here and join you in extending best wishes from north of the border to all American members.🇨🇦🇺🇸🇨🇦🇺🇸
Harry
The fact that I am sitting in Florida watching 3 NFL games doesn’t detract from my enthusiasm for all things American…..🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
mixing in a little world cup soccer, ⚽⚽⚽⚽
pretty athletic for a guy who is spending a day on the couch
harry

· Registered
2,687 Posts
So, you get TWO Thanksgivings.:giggle::giggle:
I deserve 2 because according to the Age Thread, I’ll be dead soon……..:D
maybe next summer we can connect for what one of our ex-members from the UK called “a nosh and a natter”…

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving from the West Coast!

· Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,688 Posts
Question for my US cousins:
Is it true (as I've read recently) there's a push within the USA to rename Thanksgiving as "Friendsgiving"?
Thanksgiving being nominally Christian, and as such not woke/PC...
If so, could it ever get sufficient traction to take over?
Just asking for a friend.

J.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Oh no! With all those that are offended by everything, the history of the US is changing from its traditions. Now-a-days, one can be fired for saying Merry Christmas but not for saying F*ck You. I shake my head left to right all the time.

· Registered
2,687 Posts
I think you can relax, John. Although I only live in the US half the year, I do subscribe to the WSJ, and NYT. I also get a balance of news from FNC and CNN. I had never heard of Friendsgiving. I had to google it. It’s pretty innocuous, based on some movie about a group of friends.
Bruce, you’re being mischievous. Don’t you remember when sadwing posted “Black bikes matter” and that caused a bit of a commotion.
The Friendsgiving query reminded me of Festivus from Seinfeld………😎

I miss this place………………Harry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts