XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the 12 month wait, the termigoni pipes are on and the TTS Mastertune and dyno is complete. Im a little skeptical on final results. Going to have the bike ran on a different dyno to compare. I know the results are relative but a 20.25 hp increase and 17.61 increase in torque is a little unexpected.

Did feel the difference as I the front wheel did come up unexpectedly in the parking lot of dealership as I was leaving.

just need the new tires mounted and ready for the next track day in 2 weeks
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

·
Canadian XR Maniac
159 Posts
After the 12 month wait, the termigoni pipes are on and the TTS Mastertune and dyno is complete. Im a little skeptical on final results. Going to have the bike ran on a different dyno to compare. I know the results are relative but a 20.25 hp increase and 17.61 increase in torque is a little unexpected.

Did feel the difference as I the front wheel did come up unexpectedly in the parking lot of dealership as I was leaving.

just need the new tires mounted and ready for the next track day in 2 weeks View attachment 253118 View attachment 253120
absolutely beautiful bike, is that one piece exhaust or? stainless?

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Stock air filter or K&N?

·
Registered
47 Posts

just need the new tires mounted and ready for the next track day in 2 weeks View attachment 253118 View attachment 253120
dont think the starting point is richt , 67hp seems to low , end point is little over average .....

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
I will have mine retuned as well. Termignoni, K&N, and Powervision. With the others and a Bassani, I made 95hp and 76tq. Yes, I would recommend you have it retuned as well. Second opinion.

Don't see the air/fuel part on that dyno graph. That is just as important, if not more, than the power curve readings.

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,762 Posts
Your base line seems low, but your numbers are close to mine.
Look at the horsepower section and there are some dyno charts in there.
Different dynos can show different results on the same bike.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hear are some of my numbers of my XR over it's journey. all done on the same DynoJet by the same tuner

1. stock bike no mod's 76.5 HP - 65.6MT

2. Bassani exhaust and K&N air filter Power Commander 5 84.9HP -71.85MT

3. Hammer 1275 kit and Zipper cams Freespirts ram horn air filter with k&n air Filter power vision tuner
104.16HP - 88.23MT
The tuner said he could have higher number on the Hammer build but he didn't want to make the bike
a pain in the ass to ride in traffic and He wanted the engine to last. The bike run's on the rich side which is safe, He figured he could have gotten another 10HP out of it. A weeks after the final tune was done a local bike dealer was having a free dyno run contest run on a mobil DynoJet truck. On that dyno the bike put down 110HP. Who's Dyno do you believe:unsure:

·
My hovercraft is full of eels
1,058 Posts
Great looking setup. I wonder how much "tweaking" is done to the before numbers by dynotuners to make sure you get your money's worth. Not saying this is the case, but just wondering if that's something that happens.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your base line seems low, but your numbers are close to mine.
Look at the horsepower section and there are some dyno charts in there.
Different dynos can show different results on the same bike.
The low base numbers is what jumped out at me initially to get a second dyno done and compare.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hear are some of my numbers of my XR over it's journey. all done on the same DynoJet by the same tuner

1. stock bike no mod's 76.5 HP - 65.6MT

2. Bassani exhaust and K&N air filter Power Commander 5 84.9HP -71.85MT

3. Hammer 1275 kit and Zipper cams Freespirts ram horn air filter with k&n air Filter power vision tuner
104.16HP - 88.23MT
The tuner said he could have higher number on the Hammer build but he didn't want to make the bike
a pain in the ass to ride in traffic and He wanted the engine to last. The bike run's on the rich side which is safe, He figured he could have gotten another 10HP out of it. A weeks after the final tune was done a local bike dealer was having a free dyno run contest run on a mobil DynoJet truck. On that dyno the bike put down 110HP. Who's Dyno do you believe:unsure:
Going to get a little wear and tear before upgrading cams etc. I have a track day September 15 so will see if there is any major change in how it performs and then determine the next upgrades.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
No cams needed other than stock. There are many posts about keeping them stock.

Save your $$ and prepare yourself for the track day. Replace all fluids, and have fun. Remember, when the session ends, and the fly the checkered flag, those still upright are the winners.

Please do not ride to and from the track day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No cams needed other than stock. There are many posts about keeping them stock.

Save your $$ and prepare yourself for the track day. Replace all fluids, and have fun. Remember, when the session ends, and the fly the checkered flag, those still upright are the winners.

Please do not ride to and from the track day.
Thanks for the advice. NJMP is 2-1/2hr drive so I just load it into the back of my Silverado, along with tools, cooler, shade, a chair, and all the other crap. Did have to get better ramps (10 ft x 40in wide) as it was challenging getting the bike in and out of the truck bed by myself. The other guys were willing to spot me/help out. Great group of guys/gals.

Changing the fork oil, brake fluid etc this weekend ready for Thursday.

Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Going to get a little wear and tear before upgrading cams etc. I have a track day September 15 so will see if there is any major change in how it performs and then determine the next upgrades.
If I had to do it over, I would have left the motor stock. Spend your money on suspension and brakes. Adding more HP to an engine in a marginal handling frame is not always a good idea.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Wood Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel

I think this is my last dyno sheet. Bassani exhaust, K&N air filter, Power Commander and a map.
+1 on keeping cams stock and up grading suspension.

·
Super Moderator
8,024 Posts
Whatever you want out of your bike,do it.

Suspension upgrades and a 17" front wheel, are definite first moves.

I like my cam upgrade and CNC porting. My 1200 cc's will out pull most XRs, and run with the bigger bored ones. Even a mild cam upgrade will wake up the bike, if paired with good porting and the right exhaust. And that matters for passing, especially on the ttack.

For the track though, I'd definitely set up on the tarmac and not in the grass. You don't want dirt or grass stuck in your tires between track sessions. And NJ is an easy track to slide out on, on cold or dirty tires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whatever you want out of your bike,do it.

Suspension upgrades and a 17" front wheel, are definite first moves.

I like my cam upgrade and CNC porting. My 1200 cc's will out pull most XRs, and run with the bigger bored ones. Even a mild cam upgrade will wake up the bike, if paired with good porting and the right exhaust. And that matters for passing, especially on the ttack.

For the track though, I'd definitely set up on the tarmac and not in the grass. You don't want dirt or grass stuck in your tires between track sessions. And NJ is an easy track to slide out on, on cold or dirty tires.
I know what you mean about setting up on the tarmac. Last time I had gravel and grass stuck to both tires after the first session. I am definitely looking into 17in front wheel. Changed the tires over the weekend to Conti Road Attack 3 as well as new fork seal kits. See how it behaves Thursday. After wrestling the wheels on and off over the weekend, think a lighter set is in order. As soon as the riding season is over, I am going to hunt down some replacements.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Keeping the wheels on the blacktop and in the sun also helps retain heat if you don't use warmers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts