XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Just bought a Supertrapp 2:2 exhaust for my 09'.
On the listing it was said that not all the mounting hardware were sold with it unfortunately.

Therefore I need your help ! I mounted the head pipes, but the mufflers are the problem. the mounting "holes" on both pipes do not align and I don't know how to actually mount the mufflers to the frame and stock mounting brackets on the bike.

And i could not find a clear installation tuto anywhere, so if anyone who has that system could help me, it would be great!

Thanks!
Mat

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,580 Posts
Your brackets should look like this and just bolt to the stock exhaust mounts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No specific bolts, nuts or washers?
I don't have the special bracket at the near end :/
So you actually put them together before putting them on the head pipes?

Plus, how should i put the black rubber thing on the front bracket?
And i am pretty much sure that if i put them together like on the picture, it wont be able to find in the headers...

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,580 Posts
Up to you how you put them together, this is just as they were taken off. Simple as that even uses the stock mounting bolts. Basically yes, headers first, slip on mufflers, bolt it up and stretch the springs on.
Work best around 14 discs each muffler.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Art !

Any idea on what i can do for the rear end bracket as i don't have the specific piece? Would i be able to ride with the rear not attached?

·
Super Moderator
8,246 Posts
you should be able to use the Supertrapps without the rearmost bracket (Magoo does), they are so light that you really don't need that bracket.
I use it on mine, because I have one!

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,580 Posts
If you do or don’t use the rearmost bracket somebody should give you one from their scrap box, they should be ten a penny.

·
used ta could
1,870 Posts
If you can’t find one draw a picture with hole sizes and spread and we can make one up. I’m close to you in Palmdale.

·
Premium Member
14,911 Posts
Mguy, the rearmost mount with the stock rear bracket is the only mounting point for mine - other than being bolted to the heads. And I’m a couple inches taller than stock with risers on my shocks but that matters not :)

Yes, my bike is filthy and my barn is a mess .... don’t judge me! :yinyang:

C5365FF0-7292-4977-AE46-D01EB7FBCDEA.jpg

F1B25BBE-90BD-4520-BC3E-2CFFAF34F3D2.jpg

·
Endeavor to Persevere!
5,336 Posts
@magoo, a broom could help that floor...just saying. :nana:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Magoo

How many discs are you running with the Supertrapp ?

Much backfiring on decel ?

George

·
Super Moderator
8,246 Posts
Sorry, my bad...I knew Magoo wasn't using one of the mounting points, I thought it was the rear most one :oops:

·
Premium Member
14,911 Posts
@magoo, a broom could help that floor...just saying. :nana:
Don’t judge me, Harvey. :)

Magoo

How many discs are you running with the Supertrapp ?

Much backfiring on decel ?

George
George, I’m running 18 in each. I’ve got my tune down pretty well so I don’t have much popping at all on decel.

Sorry, my bad...I knew Magoo wasn't using one of the mounting points, I thought it was the rear most one :oops:
Im surprised you could see which mount I’m using through the dirt. :nana:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts