XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered. I'm a Superglide owner who's thinking of trading for an XR1200, what do you all think?

·
WTF???
15,959 Posts
I've never ridden an S-glide, but I suspect the XR is a completely different bike. I see the XR as the perfect solo, city bike, commuter and twisty road stormer. You 'could' do some light touring, solo. If you have a really great old lady, she might sit on it long enough to get to the local 'bike night', as long is it is less than 10 miles away. Of course your glide friends at the 'bike night' won't acknowledge you as a brother any longer. Great avatar by the way.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
I got nothing but love for my brother........

Of course your glide friends at the 'bike night' won't acknowledge you as a brother any longer. Great avatar by the way.
Ha! So true......The SuperGlide is awesome for what it's made for...the XR is the opposite of the SuperG in almost every way. It would also help to know what other bikes you've owned in the past, many of the current XR owners are former or current owners of other sport/sport touring bikes.

If you love your Glide I'd keep it....and buy an XR!:) Best of both worlds. I think one of our forum members has both....maybe it's Big Doug, the Aussie. Send him a private message and see what he thinks.

Anyway, hook up a test ride on an XR, you may dig it the most!!

Oh, and welcome to the Forum. We're happy to hear what you think no matter what you ride!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Ha! So true......The SuperGlide is awesome for what it's made for...the XR is the opposite of the SuperG in almost every way. It would also help to know what other bikes you've owned in the past, many of the current XR owners are former or current owners of other sport/sport touring bikes.

If you love your Glide I'd keep it....and buy an XR!:) Best of both worlds. I think one of our forum members has both....maybe it's Big Doug, the Aussie. Send him a private message and see what he thinks.

Anyway, hook up a test ride on an XR, you may dig it the most!!

Oh, and welcome to the Forum. We're happy to hear what you think no matter what you ride!
Well, I'm a life long dirt track fan, and I've lusted after a street going XR750 my whole life! This is the answer to something I've always wanted.

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
We're happy to hear what you think no matter what you ride!
:eek::eek::eek::eek: Dont be saying that, we'll be getting all those ****wits from the other forum over here throwing stone at us!!

Hd4evr, if you can test ride an XR i recommend you do.
It all depends on you and your biking history, I've been riding softails for the last 22 years, and have had Bonneville's and Norton's before the HD's but I've been waiting for HD to build something like this for all of that time.
i still have a 2000 softy but i am spending most of my time with the XR now the weather has cleared up a bit............Love it :D
Matter of fact i can hear it cooling down in the garage as i type :cool:

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
HD4ever-Welcome to the forum. I got to ride a SuperG in the Italian mountains. It had modified air & pipes and was a bad mo fo!! I had a blast on it. One similarity between it and the XR is the height and stance. The XR sits relatively high as the SG did. Also there is similarity between the torqueyness of the stage 1 SG and the stock XR. Both pull very hard. I am sure with the proper mods, the XR will take your riding fun to the next level.

·
Just need some extra time and a real long road.
258 Posts
Hey HD4evr,

Welcome to the XR forum!

Come on up to Michigan and I'll let you take mine for a ride!!

It's the first Harley I have owned but I have ridden a Fat Bob recently and it was great, but the XR stole my heart.

I see it as a great street bike with that type of posture, but I have been using it for touring as well without any discomfort.

I am concerned about the soft tires for long touring trips, so you'll want to change those right away. Other than that it's just a blast!!

Rick

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
I've got an 03 Road King with the 95 ci and my XR will leave it in the dust. On the otherhand, two up and long haul I'm taking the RK.
Keep the SG and buy the XR.
For me the XR is probably the most fun all round bike I've ever owned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts