XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2011 XR1200x
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just saw one of my Facebook groups that I follow- Harley Davidson xr1200, that the Storz Performance showroom bike that is featured on their website is up for sale. Great condition with lots of great features and upgrades. Rare gold anodized wire wheels, Bub exhaust, and lots of other upgrades.
Asking price is $8500.00. I don’t think this will last long. Check it out. This was the bike that peaked my interest with the iconic XR’s.

· Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,729 Posts
Wow, sounds good at $8,500 sight unseen. Storz used to offer quite a lot of goodies for the XR- steering damper, shifter, pipes, some body work & disc rotors too (I think). Definitely follow this up as it's very likely a lot of these bits will be on this showroom bike.
Only downside is that the parts concerned will probably be irreplaceable if you deck it...

J.

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Still a smokin’ deal!

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
My wife sent me these from FB. Is this the one?

edit
Yes, that is the one…

For Sale. 2010 XR1200. Storz Performance display bike. Aftermarket triple trees, forks, rear suspension, wheels, exhaust, steering stabilizer, rear sets, solo seat fairing, saddleman seat, led headlight and I’m sure I’m forgetting some other things. Asking $8500

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

· Administrator
8,790 Posts
I could live with everything there….except the chain conversion!
I would try and return it to a belt, if the rear wheel was set up for one, still a great deal, but I’m skeptical of anything for sale on Facebook, Good Luck to the new owner
Regards
Roy

· Registered
2011 XR1200x
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife sent me these from FB. Is this the one?

edit
Yes, that is the one…

For Sale. 2010 XR1200. Storz Performance display bike. Aftermarket triple trees, forks, rear suspension, wheels, exhaust, steering stabilizer, rear sets, solo seat fairing, saddleman seat, led headlight and I’m sure I’m forgetting some other things. Asking $8500

View attachment 254205

View attachment 254206
That’s it! That’s the one! 🤩 Wow! You still can order parts off of them. Maybe except for the exhaust. The wheels maybe 🤔. I have the shifter and the pegs on my bike. Nice outfit. This was the outfit that Harley had to buy the name from. If you go on their site you will find the article.

· Registered
2011 XR1200x
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, sounds good at $8,500 sight unseen. Storz used to offer quite a lot of goodies for the XR- steering damper, shifter, pipes, some body work & disc rotors too (I think). Definitely follow this up as it's very likely a lot of these bits will be on this showroom bike.
Only downside is that the parts concerned will probably be irreplaceable if you deck it...

J.
Are not the XR’s irreplaceable already? 😆

· Registered
2011 XR1200x
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That’s it! That’s the one! 🤩 Wow! You still can order parts off of them. Maybe except for the exhaust. The wheels maybe 🤔. I have the shifter and the pegs on my bike. Nice outfit. This was the outfit that Harley had to buy the name from. If you go on their site you will find the article.
The only other dedicated garage group for XR’s and Buell’s is Twinmotorcycles in the Netherlands.

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
The only other dedicated garage group for XR’s and Buell’s is Twinmotorcycles in the Netherlands.
I think s that less that is purchased from these paces, the less of a chance they will continue to make/carry parts for the XR. Similar to that of the Vance & Hines raceparts here in the States. Last year, Suburban H-D in Wisconsin, purchased the remaining AMA XR Series V&H Race Parts, and the Service Manager, Joe Haupt ([email protected]), stated they will be remaking some of the body parts. I am just waiting on them to remake the Belly Pan, as I have the hardware kit. Joe does not have the parts catalogued, but if you e-mail him asking for a specific part, he can see if he has it.

Vance & Hines Race Kit in Pictures | XR1200 Owners Group

Reactions: Derek

· used ta could
2,487 Posts
That was the bike that really got me going also. I really dug those High pipes. I even drove to Storz to check it out. He wheeled it out into the parking lot and fired it up for me. I was no longer attracted to the pipes. Those suckers were ELL OH YOU DEE LOUD. After the whimsical romance with the Bubs was over I thought " those suckers would burn the crap out of your legs". I loved the rest of the bike though and Mrs. YTMAN started looking along with me for one to buy. I turned my attention to the Vance & Hines race bikes.

· Registered
2011 XR1200x
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think s that less that is purchased from these paces, the less of a chance they will continue to make/carry parts for the XR. Similar to that of the Vance & Hines raceparts here in the States. Last year, Suburban H-D in Wisconsin, purchased the remaining AMA XR Series V&H Race Parts, and the Service Manager, Joe Haupt ([email protected]), stated they will be remaking some of the body parts. I am just waiting on them to remake the Belly Pan, as I have the hardware kit. Joe does not have the parts catalogued, but if you e-mail him asking for a specific part, he can see if he has it.

Vance & Hines Race Kit in Pictures | XR1200 Owners Group
Nice to know. :) I’m thinking of fabricating my own belly pan out of thin gauge aluminium. How hard can it be. A nice sunny weekend, a little cardboard mockup, tweaking and trimming… voila! (A few beers inside the garage beer fridge helps too! 😆) I wonder about those nice YSS piggyback rear shocks that was offered on their site. The Bub raised exhaust concerns of burning your legs can be alleviated by adding some exhaust shielding of your own fabrication or bought online.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts