XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Gimme fuel gimme fire gimme that which I desire
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That would be me. Open a window if it bothers you.

Love this bike, and love talking about it, so this board should be fun. Thanks for the work, Tom.

furyus

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
Welcome

Furyus,
I'm smellin' ya dude! I'm glad you're here.

Furyus was one of the first XR owners to provide advice and feedback on the possibilities of an XR owners group. We appreciate it....I think you're gonna dig it here!

·
14,911 Posts
uuuggghhhh

if you two start that shit up I'm gonna invite Whittlebeast over here to straighten you out!!!!!!:p

·
14,911 Posts
dude, dude, dude....

Scotty, Scotty, Scotty.....you just have to have the last word, huh? You know that's a sign of deep insecurity.....among other, more serious, mental disorders.....:)

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Can you guys help me with my mid-range throttle response?

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
Or try a set of Xieds, unless anybody has an opinion on that.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Where have you been, on this forum EVERYBODY has an opinion on everything, and Scotty has a photo to insure we understand.

Xied's cured all of my problems with off idle stumble, and mid range surge.

Dallara can explain in 7 to 10 paragraphs, Furyus will have three graphs.

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
I was goofing on the "Great Xied Thread" debate back in XL land. I have a set and can feel the diff.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
I'm not jokin'

I was totally serious, I installed a set, and can feel the difference. I even think I can hear a difference in the exhaust, but probably just in my head, probably all that's in my head.
I was serious about eveyone here having an opinion, however in here it's friendly discusion, at the "other place" there seems to be something to prove. I was also serious about Dallara expounding, but he knows what he is talking about, and is very thorough, Furyus will back up his point with "science" which will blind me.
It's all meant in fun. And Scotty tickles me to no end, and I don't mean that in a "quaint" sort of way.

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And Scotty tickles me to no end, and I don't mean that in a "quaint" sort of way.
Quaint or not, there's a reason Scotty gives you a tickle. Most everybody falls into one of the major genders, ie, male or female. On a chromosomal level, guys are XY and chicks are XX. If only it were that simple.

If you were to get a DNA sample from Scotty, say one he left over at the XLForum (and we know there were plenty of spittle samples to collect from), you'd notice something a little different. Scotty's chromosomes actually look like ths: XYxx.

Perhaps this manifest's itself in extraordinary baking or quilting skills, all the while cursing like a sailor. Maybe it's why I noticed he had been working out, or that he gives you that little "tickle." It's not what he does, its who he is, on a molecular level.

Regardless, he's our Scotty, and we love him (in a gender-neutral, extremely platonic sort of way).

furyus

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now this is more XY than xx, clearly. But watch closely, very shortly Scotty will pop up in some other thread full of tender mercies.

Very interesting to watch.

furyus

1 - 20 of 21 Posts