XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As long as we're dreamin' of performance mod's, anybody got a line on a steering dampner?

Storz has one for sportsters....but don't know if the oil cooler on the XR would prevent it's use....worth checkin' out....

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you sayin' i'm slow?

Maybe I will go racin! Maybe I'm a freakin' rocketship and I need the control! Maybe I want to become a professional "stunta" and need it to do "stoppies"!

Scotty, I rarely need any of the crap I buy...what fun would life be? I'd be drivin' a Prius and living like a monk!

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol

Clever... Very clever.

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
The only spending dampener I've ever seen is the Available Credit Line number on your credit card. One card fills up get another, it's the American way. X-wives will testify! Happiness is: Cold 12 pack in fridge and a XR1200 in the garage and the fact that stupid emails like this are free! LOL , Later, :D

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
I've e-mailed Steve at Storz Performance. I asked him about a dampner, exhaust, and solo tail. I'll post up his response.

We are a dealer for Storz so if you guys need anything please keep us in mind!
The solo tail on Steve Storz's show bike is one of ours :) Although I know he is working on a new one of his own design.

·
Living the dream.....
274 Posts
Here is Steve's response.

Hi Rob:

Exhaust pricing and delivery dates have not yet been finalized, but we can put a system on order for you. We have steering damper kit in the works, but it's not ready to ship yet either. The rear shocks and the tail section will be posted on our site in the near future, please be patient.

Glad you like the new parts,

Steve

·
Registered
355 Posts
Installed a HYPER PRO steering dampner on my 2010 xr1200 and recently upgraded to the xr1200x forks will the clamp still work from the orginal forks? If so can any one scan a copy of the installation instructions for the kit.

Gary

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.