XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A Tuscan in Chicago
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked for it but I haven't found it: is there a link to a single page with all the exhausts available to the XR, together with a recording of each sound?

·
Straights are only to get to the next corner
2,686 Posts
Nope...

But I have never heard a sound clip of an exhaust recorded with a cell or handycam and played trough a PC that resembles the sound in real life so there isn't much value there imo.

The exhausts you'll find in this asylum are:

- V&H 2-1-2 either race stainless or steel
- Torque Hammer I & II (2-1)
- D&D Bob Cat 2-1
- Supertrapp 2-2
- Bassani 2-1
- Remus 2-1
- Termignoni 2-1-2 & 2-1 (not easy available in the US)
- Harris Performance 2-1-2 (rare Termi copy)
- Anvil 2-1 (no production pipe, only 10 were made)
- FMF Ti 2-1 (rare)
- Storz Bubs

- Various slip-ons on stock headers and/or home made combos.

I'll probably forget one or two but others will chime in. Your next obvious question might be which one is best and this will trigger a healthy downpour of personal views. :)

I do think there is consensus about the Remus not being among the best pipes out there for the XR. Besides looks, sound (& sound level as some are much louder than others), performance and price, other considerations could be weight, ground clearance and if you want to keep the passenger pegs as not all systems allow this.

Hope this helps.

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts

- D&D Bob Cat 2-1
- Supertrapp 2-2
- Bassani 2-1
- Remus 2-1
- FMF Ti 2-1 (rare)
- Storz Bubs

I'll probably forget one or two but others will chime in. Your next obvious question might be which one is best and this will trigger a healthy downpour of personal views. :)

I do think there is consensus about the Remus not being among the best pipes out there for the XR. Besides looks, sound (& sound level as some are much louder than others), performance and price, other considerations could be weight, ground clearance and if you want to keep the passenger pegs as not all systems allow this.

Hope this helps.
Don't forget the StreetTracker High Pipes, only 3 made. From the same manufacturer that brought us the Anvil.

And a far as the Remus, it seems to hit every one of your points, except performance. And the fact that they all seem to break eventually.

·
A Tuscan in Chicago
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
A Tuscan in Chicago
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope...

But I have never heard a sound clip of an exhaust recorded with a cell or handycam and played trough a PC that resembles the sound in real life so there isn't much value there imo.

- D&D Bob Cat 2-1
- Supertrapp 2-2
- Bassani 2-1
- Remus 2-1
- FMF Ti 2-1 (rare)
- Storz Bubs

Hope this helps.

Thank you! My key interests in changing the exhaust are: sound improvement (subjective) and more space for saddle bags...

·
www.jp2code.net
20,696 Posts
i was about to post that, since I wrote it and that's my bike you get to hear, but you beat me to it.
How long do you think Hot Bike will keep that up there, Don? Should I get local copies for my private website? I'd hate that good write-up to get lost because Hot Bike wanted to re-claim some server space.

·
Straights are only to get to the next corner
2,686 Posts
My key interests in changing the exhaust are: sound improvement (subjective) and more space for saddle bags...
From the pics on this site and Google pics it seems to me that the Bassani muffler sits a bit lower than most so you might wanna have a look at it.

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
How long do you think Hot Bike will keep that up there, Don? Should I get local copies for my private website? I'd hate that good write-up to get lost because Hot Bike wanted to re-claim some server space.
You know Joe, i'm not sure. Originally the Boss man told me he would keep it up as long as it got hits, which it still does, - BUT, the magazine has been sold and i have no idea what the new owners are going to do.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Imho the BUB/Storz is definitely one of the best looking and definitely the best sounding exhaust!
Unfortunately it is much too loud for our European streets - nevertheless I will give it a try!

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
Imho the BUB/Storz is definitely one of the best looking and definitely the best sounding exhaust!
Unfortunately it is much too loud for our European streets - nevertheless I will give it a try!

it's much too loud for ANYWHERE. i had mine on for about 4 days before they came off for good. Just freaking annoying, not only to everyone around me, but to ME on the bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts