XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if those are available.

The standard ones from HD only fit the front...rear do look the same but since the singal housing is made from plastic the mount differently...

I like the shape of the original turn signals (especially on the back) but would like to have smoked lenses...

·
I'll keel haul ya scurvy dogs!
23 Posts
I have been wanting to get smoked lens also. I had them on my 02, and they look so much better. That and a smaller, smoked taillight is in order. I hate that big fat red thing back there. I guess that I will just have to wait and see if something comes out for it, or if something from an XL will work.

Joe

·
I piss excellence!
131 Posts
I agree on the taillight...

That taillight looks like they just shoved the lens from any recent model sportster in there above the license plate....Gotta put that on the list...go with some nice LED set up....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ricky, it's the exact same taillight-lens like on a standard XL...

I once tried a smoked laydown light or how they call it from the XL my neighbour has...but I like the standard shape more I think...it would look fine if it wouldn't stick out so far...

here are pics with the smoked lenses that unfortunately do not fit on the rear..I just put them on for picture...cellphone quality..

damn I think I got to paint the housings too lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the standard ones have some kind of clips on them....the rear XR ones have no clips but some kind of edge...that's why the standard ones stick out because of the larger clips.

no way to modify because if you take off the clips there is nothing left (like that edge) to hold it in place...

just take a front and a rear one off of your bike and you'll see. they really did a bad job there...

·
Crikey mate!
230 Posts
The smoked turn signals that will fit the XR1200 are # 69315-02 - these for a VRSC, which has the same front and rear turn signal set up.

I also fitted the Smoked H-D LED rear brake light # 68087-08 - it was a direct fit (and is way brighter). Sorry, no close up pics, but you can sorta see it here

Cheers

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,311 Posts
The smoked turn signals that will fit the XR1200 are # 69315-02 - these for a VRSC, which has the same front and rear turn signal set up.

I also fitted the Smoked H-D LED rear brake light # 68087-08 - it was a direct fit (and is way brighter). Sorry, no close up pics, but you can sorta see it here

Cheers
Creepy, i just come on to suggest they might be the same as a V-rod after finding this kit for the XR which also fits the V-Rod

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARLEY-DAVIDS...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

http://www.hmhd.com/webstore/viewit...Turn+Signals&DID=Parts&Back=&aspname=viewprod

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Cops carry tape measures?

These lenses are too small to meet USDOT requirements, according to the HD website. Now, with many sportbikes running with no signals, or number plates hidden, do we really expect cops to be measuring the lights?

And be careful coming to Florida now, new speeding fines went into effect Feb 1, increasing fines, lowest speeding fine is now $198.00 for up to 14 mph over.

Last Oct 1 there weere also some new fines.

50 mph over, $1,000.00 first offense, $2,500.00 second, $5,000.00 third. Jail time optional with second, license suspended with second, jail mandatory with third, licnse revoked for ten years with third

All are felonies.

Also any tag not mounted properly carries the same fine structure. That is mounted vertically, no light, swing away, spring away, mounted more than 24" off centerline.

same fines, also felony

Either wheel leaving road surface, same fines, also felony

I guess the state is looking to make some money at Bike week.

Are they enforcing this? YES !!!

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
NOTE: These signals were designed to meet European lighting requirements and are ECE approved. As part of the ECE requirements, the front turn signals do not operate as running lamps; they only operate as directional lamps. These turn signals do not conform to DOT requirements for North America because the lens diameter is smaller than DOT minimum requirements. The turn signal diameter is too small.

This was on the HD website Scotty mentioned earlier,

http://www.hmhd.com/webstore/viewit...Turn+Signals&DID=Parts&Back=&aspname=viewprod

·
First in Harms Way
623 Posts

Cheers
Did you ever get closer pictures of the tail light? From the pictures I have seen there is a H-D logo in the center of the lens and since the light light gets mounted upside down it would put the logo flipped as well. Is this correct?

·
Crikey mate!
230 Posts
Did you ever get closer pictures of the tail light? From the pictures I have seen there is a H-D logo in the center of the lens and since the light light gets mounted upside down it would put the logo flipped as well. Is this correct?
My bike so doesn't look like that anymore.... :rolleyes:

Yes you can, or you can decided not to put the logo sticker on at all (which was what I did)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts