XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take about 6" off the length and it might look OK. Too massive for me.

Seems like every XR1200 specific aftermarket slipon or full exhaust retains that full length unlike the universal SuperTrapps (which is why I like them). Hopefully its just to use the factory exhaust bracket for support and not a performance thing...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I called D&D and discussed that with them along with their slip ons. The 2 into 1 is quite expensive, just under $900 retail as I recall. He told me they didn't test it with any other tuners but the Thundermaxx. Didn't ask what happens if you just bolt it on and use the stock ecm.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Seems like every XR1200 specific aftermarket slipon or full exhaust retains that full length ...
It seems that all of the US made aftermarket XR1200 pipes retain the long length, but not the European models such as Remus (full system), QD (full system & slip ons), Dash (slip ons), Scorpion (slip ons) and of course our new one (available very shortly:D)....

All of which are considerably shorter (and lighter) than the stock pipe.

·
Like a Blister in the Sun
80 Posts
It seems that all of the US made aftermarket XR1200 pipes retain the long length, but not the European models such as Remus (full system), QD (full system & slip ons), Dash (slip ons), Scorpion (slip ons) and of course our new one (available very shortly:D)....

I tend to favor more of a stock look, but that is one mean looking motor scooter :scooter:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Two questions about your pipe?
1.) Will it burn my fat ass hanging over the seat?
2.) Is it street legal?
3.) Hey Iam on a roll, the individual welds and joints look 'badass' will the production model have that "one of" look?

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Two questions about your pipe?
1.) Will it burn my fat ass hanging over the seat?
2.) Is it street legal?
3.) Hey Iam on a roll, the individual welds and joints look 'badass' will the production model have that "one of" look?
1. No, (unless your ass really does overhang the seat by that much!). The exhaust has a carbon fibre heat shield attached, and you could make/install another heat proof alloy shield under that if you so wished. It is the carbon heat shield that has so far held up production as the quality isn't where we would want it just yet, but is getting there.

2. Not in UK/Europe. It isn't E marked or homologated, but doesn't have 'race use only' stamped on it either. I use it on the road but it is louder tham most road legal pipes.

3. Production versions will keep the look of the prototype, welds n all, as one of the design criteria was to make it as 'race-like' as possible and to get maximum power and minimum weight (the whole system weighs less than half of the Remus full system,already one fo the lightest on the market).

This exhaust will be a 'solo-only' pipe and requires fitting of the suspensions risers which are included in the kit. The redundant upper shock mount is used for the rear exhaust support bracket, and the whole thing has been designed and built to a very high standard.

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
hmmmm...

I usually stay away from mods that are just a "looks" thing but the more I see of that seat....uh-oh....I'm beginning to rationalize, that usually costs me money.......must control myself....(try to concentrate on MLB lifetime batting averages...)...

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
I usually stay away from mods that are just a "looks" thing but the more I see of that seat....uh-oh....I'm beginning to rationalize, that usually costs me money.......must control myself....(try to concentrate on MLB lifetime batting averages...)...
Ahhhh .......... It is much more than a 'looks thing'.....

It means that you have a great excuse not to spoil your favourite ride by carrying a passenger, which saves huge amounts of weight

(no other component will save you 100lbs+ :)

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Ha!!

Ahhhh .......... It is much more than a 'looks thing'.....

It means that you have a great excuse not to spoil your favourite ride by carrying a passenger, which saves huge amounts of weight

(no other component will save you 100lbs+ :)
Lol....Matt, you're the kinda guy who'd toss a drowning man a bowling ball!

Keep an eye out for my order....[:)]

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just to amuse everyone, I posted a photo of the Adrenalin XR1200 on the SV1000 site in a discussion about fairings vs naked bikes and so on. Our resident sage Chainsaw Willie had this to say:

Now thars and excellent example of a MOTORCYCLE!

I can see every muscle and every intestine. I can see the claws and I can see that the claws are not retractable. I see the engine AND I can see the brick wall behind it through the frame!

This is a motorcycle with PURPOSE, MEANING, and ATTITUDE!

Now that looks like a motorcycle that wants to kill your mother, burn your crops, salt your fields, urinate on the flower pattern sofa with doilies on the arms, and back over the cat as it makes its exit. That motorcycle wants to kick sand in your face at the beach. It wants to punch you in the nose in front of your girlfriend. It will beat you up for the money you saved for dope and go buy lunch with it.

This is clearly not for the heated-leather-seats, climate control with AC, and 8 speaker sound system, automatic transmission Volvo crowd! The only time the rider of this motorcycle would be seen on a Mazda Miata is when he was riding over the little girls shoe-box of a car!

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Just to amuse everyone, I posted a photo of the Adrenalin XR1200 on the SV1000 site in a discussion about fairings vs naked bikes and so on. Our resident sage Chainsaw Willie had this to say:

Now thars and excellent example of a MOTORCYCLE!

I can see every muscle and every intestine. I can see the claws and I can see that the claws are not retractable. I see the engine AND I can see the brick wall behind it through the frame!

This is a motorcycle with PURPOSE, MEANING, and ATTITUDE!

Now that looks like a motorcycle that wants to kill your mother, burn your crops, salt your fields, urinate on the flower pattern sofa with doilies on the arms, and back over the cat as it makes its exit. That motorcycle wants to kick sand in your face at the beach. It wants to punch you in the nose in front of your girlfriend. It will beat you up for the money you saved for dope and go buy lunch with it.

This is clearly not for the heated-leather-seats, climate control with AC, and 8 speaker sound system, automatic transmission Volvo crowd! The only time the rider of this motorcycle would be seen on a Mazda Miata is when he was riding over the little girls shoe-box of a car!
Build objective achieved then :devil:

Please pass my thanks to Chainsaw Willie on the SV forum, and let him know that I may just steal his words verbatim at every every opportunity :)

·
Registered
25 Posts

My first post on this forum, but how much will this system cost and can you give me any more specs on the exhaust? The XR1200 is top of my list, but in it's stock form, it doesn't quite do it for me. However, a new exhaust, bars and shocks are top of my shopping list. I test drove one at Golden Gate HD in Marin Co. CA and the bike rocks. I'm keeping my two Ducati's just because, but I need a comfortable daily commuter and this bike fits the bill.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
My first post on this forum, but how much will this system cost and can you give me any more specs on the exhaust? The XR1200 is top of my list, but in it's stock form, it doesn't quite do it for me. However, a new exhaust, bars and shocks are top of my shopping list. I test drove one at Golden Gate HD in Marin Co. CA and the bike rocks. I'm keeping my two Ducati's just because, but I need a comfortable daily commuter and this bike fits the bill.
what exhaust is this?
Where can I get one?
how much does it cost?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.