XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another sportbike guy trying on a HOG. Probably had 18+ bikes at this point, and finally figured out that I don't need a 180HP, 200MPH bike for the street, but do want style and handling. Gonna try on the XR and see how it goes. I could look at it all day (except that horrendous steering stem nut/washer) Had a few beers and painted it with a model brush and black paint, that was a mistake. Anyhow, I'll be involved. See ya!

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
all your answers are here....

Bollert, welcome!

For a look at the t-shirt I think there's a picture in the t-shirt recap thread.

For a fix for your steering cap breezybikerdeb has posted a brilliant fix...I just can't remember where [:)]

And yes, you can order a t-shirt in the US.....hell, I'm mailing them from Alabama......Roll Tide!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G'day Bollert,
I had the same problem with hating the look of the steering stem nut/bolt, the agricultural look wasnt in keeping with the rest of the bike. But like everything else in the Harley range there is a solution, in the Harley accessary line up there is a steering stem bolt that comes complete with a chrome cover that screws onto the head of the bolt itself so it gives a nice chrome finish which looks a hell of alot better than stock. You simply remove the stock stem bolt and replace it with the new one and then you screw the chrome cover onto that, quick and easy. When I get home in a couple of days (Im on the road at the moment) I will post the accessary stock number, it is a very cost effective solution to your problem that really should have been on the XR to start with. Fortunately the rest of the XR1200 is brillant, and also mate welcome aboard, I havent been here long myself but there as some good people here who know what they are talking about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G'Day Dave, This time last year, I was living in Brisbane. Great place to ride, but the cops were too sneaky with their redlight cameras and speed cameras. Hey, I took a suggestion from one of the other members and went to an auto parts store and bought a engine block freeze plug. I put a couple coats of satin black on it and it looked brilliant, although when I went to clear it, the paint cracked. Ok, so I'm not a painter. I will rtv that sucker on there when I get it finished we'll see how it goes. If not, I'll go to the catalog.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G'day again Bollert, the HD 2009 accessories handbook in the Sporty section page 98 has the stem bolt cover as Classic Chrome Steering Bolt Cover Kit 48329-90, it didnt cost very much from memory and its an easy fix. Brizzy is a great place in small doses as its too much of a rat race for my liking and you have already covered some of the cities problems. Great place to visit but I dont want to live there, but they do have some beautiful women there, maybe I should rewrite that last comment.:rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G'day again Bollert, the HD 2009 accessories handbook in the Sporty section page 98 has the stem bolt cover as Classic Chrome Steering Bolt Cover Kit 48329-90, it didnt cost very much from memory and its an easy fix. Brizzy is a great place in small doses as its too much of a rat race for my liking and you have already covered some of the cities problems. Great place to visit but I dont want to live there, but they do have some beautiful women there, maybe I should rewrite that last comment.:rolleyes:
Corner of Adelaide and Wharf at 10Am Tea is spectacular. Thanks for the info. If you do get a chance to ride Brizzy, check out Mt. Mee, Mt Glorious and what was the other one...Anyway, it was great. There was a cafe at the top of Mt Glorious I think in the middle of a rain forest! Awesome. Talk to you later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.