XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love racing this bike, but I need to sell it to fund my 2013 race program. I'm selling the fully prepped race bike with all the spares and all the light etc to make it back into a street bike. It is still fully registered as a street bike. Smoking deal for everything that you are getting with it. Just had the motor rebuilt/freshened up, haven't even got it back from the shop yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111004662553#ht_500wt_1182

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Hate that for you man. Was looking forward for that phone call for coffee when you pass through. You can still call you know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really need to get my 2013 race season going, so I'm considering taking out all the spares and just selling the race bike separately to help make the price lower. If anyone is interested, lets talk.

·
Guy with all the questions...
321 Posts
Sweet bike!! Just curious, what has been done to it to get it in the 150 mph range?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The motor was stock, with the V&H race kit. The main part of achieving the 150 mph was the daytona gearing and a good draft. I also did a lot of small things like greasing the wheel bearings with AMSOIL Racing Grease etc. Even though the draft I got was a huge part of the absolute top speed I got, watching the race on SPEED2, I noticed that the riders behind me were not able to draft me the same way I was able to draft them, so even though this motor is stock, I believe this is a good "Wednesday Motor."

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hucleberryfinn, I am now listing the bike without the spares for $14,000. It is still available with the spares for $16,000 (off ebay). If I sell the bike without the spares I will sell the front rim separately. However, I would like to see all of this as a package deal so that a racer can have everything they need. I will wait till the bike is sold before trying to sell the spares. Will keep you updated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
hucleberryfinn, I am now listing the bike without the spares for $14,000. It is still available with the spares for $16,000 (off ebay). If I sell the bike without the spares I will sell the front rim separately. However, I would like to see all of this as a package deal so that a racer can have everything they need. I will wait till the bike is sold before trying to sell the spares. Will keep you updated.
Totally understandable, Good luck with sale - keep me posted if it sells separately.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, I will for sure let you know. The buyer who made the offer on the package deal has contacted me back, I'm just waiting on the deposit. So it looks like it will be a package deal. But if it falls through, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I still haven't got a deposit, so the bike is still available for sale. $14,000 with race kit and no spares.

2011 Harley-Davidson XR1200X AMA Race Bike For Sale!
This bike is fully prepped to go AMA XR1200 racing. This is the same bike that captured the fastest RADAR trap speed at Daytona International Speedway: 150.5mph during the 2012 AMA event. It was raced for about half the season in 2011 and half the season in 2012.
The bike has the V&H race kit ($3,500) which includes:
Front Fender Kit; Ohlins Steering Damper Kit; Steering Stop Assembly; Assult 17” Front Wheel; Widow Exhaust System; XR1200 Fuelpak Special Addition; Seat Undertray Kit; Seat Assembly; Belly Pan Kit; Number Plate Kit; Oil Cooler Relocator Kit; Decal Kit.
It also has AMA legal upgrades including:
Rear sets ($765), 1” Race Handlebars ($94.95), Race Tech internals in the forks, Race Tech shocks ($3,000), XL clutch upgrade ($600), Heavy duty clutch spring ($50) race stand bobbins adaptors ($145), quick turn throttle ($100), steel braided front brake lines ($132), Galfer rear brake line kit ($54), V&H Polypropylene Rear Motor Mounts ($85) O2 sensor eliminator kit ($30) performance air filter ($76.99) Vesrah front brake pads and probably a few other things that I'm currently forgetting. The motor has just been rebuilt by famed Harley race builder Bill Chambers of California ($3000.) The front pulley cover has been modified to accept the larger, AMA approved front pulley.

The bike is fully registered for the street. You can easily turn this into one badass streetbike if you aren’t an AMA racer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts