XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy Shit! Did you see the moto GP at Cataluna? Rossi and Lorenzo are insane! Great race.....Stoner was probably thinkin' "I'll just sit here in third and wait for these monkeys to take each other out!"....glad to finally watch Rossi on a dry track....we ain't had to many of those this year [:)].

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Holy Shit! Did you see the moto GP at Cataluna? Rossi and Lorenzo are insane! Great race.....Stoner was probably thinkin' "I'll just sit here in third and wait for these monkeys to take each other out!"....glad to finally watch Rossi on a dry track....we ain't had to many of those this year [:)].
I was really pulling for Lorenzo after the way he got by The Doctor in the first place. Man that was exciting. Now if we could just "Will" Nicky back up there ......

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rossi would not be denied! I think Nicky is done....don't know what's wrong with him but he's not looking good...

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
I love the way some of the guys were coming in so hot on the brakes they were sticking thier foot out Flat Track Style. Maybe they needed an XR!

I wouldn't count Nicky out just yet ......

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
I love the way some of the guys were coming in so hot on the brakes they were sticking thier foot out Flat Track Style. Maybe they needed an XR!

I wouldn't count Nicky out just yet ......
The 'foot out' style has grown in the last year or so after Rossi started doing it with his left foot a few years ago. When asked, none of them really know why they do it, but it appears to help with balance when they are hard on the brakes. Rossi has nnow started to do it with right foot too, and was quoted recently saying that he should charge the other riders a fee for using his style :)

The race was brilliant, and the overtaking manoevres awesome right through the race! Watching Rossi tuck his knee back in to outbrake Lorenzo around the outside at turn one was incredible, as was the last corner move at a place where 'overtaking is impossible'!

It seems that Nicky Hayden's days at the factory Ducati squad are already numbered, with rumours of his replacement already rife. Problem is that none of the top riders want to ride the Ducati as it is viewed as a poison chalice and possible career closer. Maybe Colin Edwards will be the next rider for them, as he is likely to leave Tech 3 at the end of this year (as is Toseland) to make way for Spies/Simoncelli.

Got to feel sorry for the 125 rider Julian Simon. Leading his home GP he was comfortably in front of the chasing pack but celebrated his win a lap too early! As he was punching the air in celebration he was swamped by the following riders and his pit crew were beside themselves in frustration. Eventually he got his head back down to finish 4th, but must have been so gutted:pinch:

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.... Watching Rossi tuck his knee back in to outbrake Lorenzo around the outside at turn one was incredible, as was the last corner move at a place where 'overtaking is impossible'!
Lol, that was a helluva move....and Lorenzo thought he had closed the door....no one alive today could have made that move but Rossi....he may not be the greatest ever but he's definately in the top five.....

Got to feel sorry for the 125 rider Julian Simon. Leading his home GP he was comfortably in front of the chasing pack but celebrated his win a lap too early! As he was punching the air in celebration he was swamped by the following riders and his pit crew were beside themselves in frustration. Eventually he got his head back down to finish 4th, but must have been so gutted:pinch:
Yeah, that had to be more than a little embarassing....his wife would probably tell you he has that same premature finishment problem in other areas of his life [:)]....

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
In the immediate post race interviews (before the podium ceremony) Rossi and Lorenzo congratulated each other of course, but as Rossi turned away Lorenzo said (in Spanish) 'wait till next race!' The UK commentators picked it up straight away although I don't think he meant anyone to hear it.

Lorenzo's favourite track is Assen and Rossi is no slouch there (or anywhere else) so it should be some showdown, especially if Pedrosa and Stoner get their acts together in time :)

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Heard there is a big test with Ducati today that could seal Nicky's fate either way. Hope it goes well for the Kentucky Kid.
You never really know how much credence to give testing times, as riders are testing all sorts of new and updated components (especially these days with such limited testing time available). For instance Mika Kallio was faster than Stoner and ended up in 4th place, albeit some 1/2 second behind the top 3.

However, it would have been a great chance for Nicky to have posted some competitive times just to show he is progressing and to keep the wolves from knocking his door down. However, the results from today show Hayden in 14th place, slowest of all 5 Ducatis in the test and almost slowest MotoGP rider of all (that distinction going to new boy Gabor Talmacsi), so he still sems to be beleagured and it is hard to see Ducati spending much more time trying to bring him up to speed. This is especially so as it appears that Stoner is becoming increasingly frustrated at the amount of time the team spend testing parts for and lavising attention on Hayden, to what he sees as his detriment. I don't think the atmosphere in the garage is anywhere near as jovial as they made out when Hayden signed for Ducati, and I don't believe that Stoner is giving much help or advice from his side of the garage either given some of his comments.

Maybe Nicky is just too nice a guy for MotoGP and would be far beter off in the relaxed atmosphere of WSB instead.

Todays test times are here http://www.motogp.com/en/TestResults/MotoGP+Test+Catalunya

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.