XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the dealer yesterday scheduling my 600 mile service. Guy in the showroom was drooling over an XR in black. Told him to check my pewter color in the parking lot. When I left the showroom he had the sales guy hunting for an XR in "silver". Looks better in person than the picture. IMHO:) Will upload the full bike later today.

Attachments

G

·
Heck, in the lineup - Orange is fastest ('cept for maybe Benny's black anomaly); Black is most sinister; and Silver is the "Touring" model. All the bags, highway guards, and windshields are only supposed to be hung on the silver bikes.

:D

·
Will work for tacos
446 Posts
It does look good in pewter but the name is funny to say. Whats with this 600mile check up? I at 842 in my week of owning mine and they never mentioned a 5-600 maint nor does the owners manual but im bringing mine in on friday so I guess its no big deal anymore. But yea the "silver" does look good

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
dude!

I just can't bring myself to say "pewter-denim"....hell, sayin' it outloud in most of the places I go will get you a chipped tooth!

I'd stick with callin' it silver....of course that ain't gonna make it as fast as the black and not even close to orange speed [:)].

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
600 mile check was a misquote from past bikes. First service is 1,000 miles in my owners manual. You've only got 842 miles in a week?:)
It does look good in pewter but the name is funny to say. Whats with this 600mile check up? I at 842 in my week of owning mine and they never mentioned a 5-600 maint nor does the owners manual but im bringing mine in on friday so I guess its no big deal anymore. But yea the "silver" does look good

G

·
Heck, in the lineup - Orange is fastest ('cept for maybe Benny's black anomaly); Black is most sinister; and Silver is the "Touring" model. All the bags, highway guards, and windshields are only supposed to be hung on the silver bikes.

:D
BLACK ANOMALY LMAO :) :) :)
Orange is only fastest in straight lines..when it comes to turns..nothing can beat a mean black XR!

the silver-pewter jeans color is cool IMHO :)

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
We're GUYS, right???? (excuse me for the girls in the house)
MY Road King is BLUE, not Cobalt
My XLS is Black, not Midnight Stealth Pearl
My XR is Orange, not Mirage Orange Pearl.
Your XR is Silver!!!!!! I dont know what a Pewter is.
I know what a Pooter is, however, and it's not suitable for conversation here. And I know what color a Pooter is and it wouldn't look pretty on a bike. And as for denim....well, that's blue.

·
Back in Black
72 Posts
We're GUYS, right???? (excuse me for the girls in the house)
MY Road King is BLUE, not Cobalt
My XLS is Black, not Midnight Stealth Pearl
My XR is Orange, not Mirage Orange Pearl.
Your XR is Silver!!!!!! I dont know what a Pewter is.
I know what a Pooter is, however, and it's not suitable for conversation here. And I know what color a Pooter is and it wouldn't look pretty on a bike. And as for denim....well, that's blue.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll watch your back!

Hey Bill,

I think you and I are the only two PD's in this group. I'm starting to see more XR's around here and they're all orange. Talk about all looking the same!

Jealousy Bill, just envious of us.

Mo

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
I'm gonna still go to the same beers joints so it'll have to be flat silver. I agree with Magoo, pewter denium, can cause a chipped tooth. Maybe that color should be added to the Southern ass kicking list on this site. It is a differant color and Borat is a differant movie. I don't like the demun(flat colors) that Harley has. Looks like they forgot to sand and clear coat. Give me shiney. :oops: Later,

·
Metal cannot think, therefore it cannot be held re
821 Posts
Mine's silver. Pewter Denim is too nancyboy for my liking. Still haven't seen another one (any colour) in 4000 miles.

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
The first one I rode was in Taiwan and it was Pewter Denim. When I got back here and showed pictures, people asked what color it was and I answered with the dreaded P D.
I got blank stares so I quickly started saying "Flat Silver", and bought an orange one

G

·
It may be Pewter Denim but it will always be know as silver it's just the way things go m8.....:whistling:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.