XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know of a quick turn throttle set up that will work on an XR? Cripes, I feel like I have to grab a handful, regrip and grab another handful to get the throttle wide open. Then its worse when I have to let off in a hurry, I screw the throttle off and when my wrist reaches it's hard stop I'm still at half throttle...receipe for disaster.....

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Hey Mr Magoo, i think i read somewhere that Adrenalinmoto put a fast action throttle on his bike...
Not dead sure about this but i think he did.

G

·
I have the same problem...to go full throttle I always have to regrip...

is there nothing for the original harley switchhousing and maybe another linkage on the throttle body that is smaller in diameter or something (less cable travel for same amount of TB movement...the you would have to adjust the stop in the grip.

hope you get me lol

·
Living the dream.....
274 Posts
We sell 1/4 turn throttles through Drag Specialties. They are made by G2. The part number for just the sleeve is 0632-0333. They also have complete grip sets but there are only a few styles.

If any of you guys are switching to 7/8 handlebars we also sell the adapters to run your stock switch housings,clutch perch and mastercylinder. part # 0632-0336, they are made by Joker Machine.

·
Creaks When Walks...
172 Posts
Too Cool...

We sell 1/4 turn throttles through Drag Specialties. They are made by G2. The part number for just the sleeve is 0632-0333. They also have complete grip sets but there are only a few styles.

If any of you guys are switching to 7/8 handlebars we also sell the adapters to run your stock switch housings,clutch perch and mastercylinder. part # 0632-0336, they are made by Joker Machine.

I love the stock bars on my XR, but...

Just let me see if I have this straight, Rob...

You sell a replacement throttle sleeve that reduces the opening twist of the throttle to a 1/4 turn, works with the stock XR1200 cables and in the stock XR switch/throttle housing, fits the stock 1" bars, etc., and is made by G2?

And you are sure it works on without issue on the 2009 XR1200?

If so, I want one...

Reason I ask, though, is because G2 only shows their H-D throttle working on models up to 2006 on their website.

Couple of other quick question, though:

1.) Is it aluminum or plastic?

2.) Does G2 offer different throttle ramp rings to change the opening ratio?

3.) How much are you selling them for?

Thanks!!! :D

Dallara

~

·
Living the dream.....
274 Posts
ok the catalog says it will work on all hd's 96-09. I just looked at my xr and there is no difference in the switch housing or throttle. They are $24.95, they are made with "high strength pvc". There are no other parts just the sleeve and it is a true 1/4 throttle for competition use.

call me at the shop and i can get it ordered for you!
860-242-6905

G

·
wow this sounds exactly like what I want too...

1/4 turn throttle for use with original switch housing and handlebars!

can you ship to europe as well?

thanks
Benny

·
Living the dream.....
274 Posts
Benny, I can ship to europe no problem! But I'm going to be honest here, you can get this part at any shop that is a Parts Unlimited or Drag Specialties dealer. It will save you some money on shipping. That being said we still want your business and we support any member of this forum the best we can!

·
14,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah baby!

Rob,
I want one! I'd love to get it by the weekend....I'll give you a call..

Thanks fast guy.
Tom

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Seems like a no-brainer, which is perfect for me! I'll be ordering one.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
We can get Drag Specialities parts, but their prices are usually much higher over here than in US dealers to cover the cost of shipping etc.
I will find out the UK price for these parts tomorrow, but it may still be cheaper to order direct from Speedy in the US :)

G

·
I already ordered it from Speedy...

since swiss frank (CHF) is strong and dollar not...I really like to shop in the USA :D

but I'm already a customer of adrenalin moto too

love you both

:)

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
B.B.B.Benny.....

If you can remove the sexual overtones from that remark............:)

I ordered one too...it looks like we will have to replace the handgrip....unless you have a trick for removing the old one without tearing it up. I should have mine a couple of days before you get yours...I'll let you know how it goes....

G

·
If you can remove the sexual overtones from that remark............:)

I ordered one too...it looks like we will have to replace the handgrip....unless you have a trick for removing the old one without tearing it up. I should have mine a couple of days before you get yours...I'll let you know how it goes....

LOL...sexual overtones?
edit:

I dig both your stores!

ok like that?

silicone spray?

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
ha! good job...

Yes, good edit...that worked [:)]

Silicon spray is a good idea....brake fluid would work but may damage the grip...heck WD 40 may work.....

·
14,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
B-B-B-Benny.....

I thought I was gonna receive my throttle before you got yours and had planned on giving you a heads up on installation...........but I asked Rob to get me a set of xied's also so my shipment may be delayed a day or two while he rounds them up......So, if you get yours before me let me know how your installation goes.....I'm especially interested in how you handle the throttlegrip....

G

·
Yes, good edit...that worked [:)]

Silicon spray is a good idea....brake fluid would work but may damage the grip...heck WD 40 may work.....
oh I would not use brake fluid...it's veryvery aggressive and could damage the rubber...

silicone to remove and fuel (gasoline) to install...slides on easily and than the fuel vaporizes and the lubricating effect is gone. you do not want that grip to shift out of place later on...

same goes for the left side...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts