XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
4,779 Posts
I' ve been considering starting a thread like this in QE2's honor, looks like Geno & Roy beat me to it.
As one Brit has been reported saying, "I feel like I've lost a favourite Aunty", and that's how I and countless others, perhaps more so in Commonwealth countries, feel at this time. She was truly an icon of our times, though that term has been given a flogging in the last 20 years to the point where it has lost much of its meaning.
It's almost unbelievable that she continued to work virtually full time in the regal role right up to the days immediately preceding her death at 96 y.o., receiving the new British PM Liz Truss just 2 days before passing away, thus dying in harness after approximately 73 years of service to her people(s). And they are many- I read yesterday that during her reign the Commonwealth grew to 78 nations.
Eulogies to her will be many and fulsome. I can't add much more of substance than to say a sincere thanks to her in the Biblical wording I am sure she would recognise and appreciate-"Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Enter now into thy rest".

And God save the King.

J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts