XR1200 Owners Group banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
2,058 Posts
That is indeed some accolade considering the wealth of bikes you've owned.
I also have relly's in Yorkshire. Cousins who are sheep farmers outside Hebden Bridge, actually. Sadly I haven't visited those parts since 1994. Maybe in the next year or two, if Covid permits. Yorkshire sure is a beautiful part of the world. Must be idyllic tootling around those rolling hills and past all those hand laid stone fences on your XR. Especially on the long, long, summer evenings in the Northern hemisphere. I think you're on the ideal bike for those bucolic surroundings and views!
Cheers, John Shackleton
(2010 XR in Contemplative Orange Pearl)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is indeed some accolade considering the wealth of bikes you've owned.
I also have relly's in Yorkshire. Cousins who are sheep farmers outside Hebden Bridge, actually. Sadly I haven't visited those parts since 1994. Maybe in the next year or two, if Covid permits. Yorkshire sure is a beautiful part of the world. Must be idyllic tootling around those rolling hills and past all those hand laid stone fences on your XR. Especially on the long, long, summer evenings in the Northern hemisphere. I think you're on the ideal bike for those bucolic surroundings and views!
Cheers, John Shackleton
(2010 XR in Contemplative Orange Pearl)...
Hi John

It's very strange how a bike that Harley themselves didn't see worthy of developing further could bring together people from the far ends of the Earth. Lol

Incidentally I've spent many a happy hour frightening myself around the Hebden Bridge area, avoiding the sheep and trying to be as sensible as possible, not easy I might add even at my age.

Take care......

Kind regards

David

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I like the later blacked out engine with highlights of silver.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
2,058 Posts
yt et al,
Doesn't matter. That colour coded front guard is a cool look. Always liked it in pics, whether as a mod or stock as here in the Brazilian release. That's why I painted mine.
yt, are you putting parts together in preparation to getting your bike back on the road?

J.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thryago -

No, the last 6 digits of the VIN make no sense. There was a thread way back when where we tried to figure out how to tell if you had one of the first 750 pre-ordered US 2009 bikes that came with the signed number plate and HD letter (I have one!) but as far as anyone could tell, the VIN numbering is all over the place with respect to build date, quantites, etc.

For example, for 2011, I have seen XR-X VINs with last 6 digits of 400789 and 441556, so apparently the VINs can't correlate to the number of bikes made that model year
I have one of the first 750 pre-ordered US 2009 Bikes , It is orange & bears serial 1HD1LA6189K431056 It did come with the signed number plate and letter from HD , I took the Number plate with me to most of the AMA PRO Vance& Hines XR Series races and had it signed by all the series Champions (Danny Eslick Twice) I guess it was Chris Carr that "signed" it originally , I got him to actually sign it , all of them were the greatest and fun friendly People to hang with , great days , great racing outta these machines , so sad it ended the way it did................

·
Registered
3 Posts
yt et al,
Doesn't matter. That colour coded front guard is a cool look. Always liked it in pics, whether as a mod or stock as here in the Brazilian release. That's why I painted mine.
yt, are you putting parts together in preparation to getting your bike back on the road?

J.
Here in brazil this orange is very rare, at this moment have only 1 for sale in principal brazilian classifieds, other colors have around 30... But in brazil is mybe the country with more XR...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting comment about the blue XRs. There was a blue one for sale a while back when I was looking to buy.
I studied it and decided I didn't like them in blue. :rolleyes:
Now I kinda like it 😂

21 - 32 of 32 Posts