XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Living the dream.....
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just a heads up. I bought a Power Commander V for my bike and it doesn't work. There are no base maps for the XR1200, the rev extend does not work, and it does not recognize the xr's ecm.

I called Dyno Jet and they agreed that this part will not work on the XR1200. I asked if it would work with Auto tune and they said I shouldn't install the Power Commander period.

They did say some guys were playing around with them in europe but they couldn't give me any contact info. Maybe Matt can help with this.

Such a bummer!

Anyway I just read the Thundermax post and I have used Zippers products before and I highly recommend them.

So I guess this is a FYI that Power Commander V's are not an option until they make something specfic for our bikes. (which they said wouldn't happen anytime soon because they are focusing on Metric bikes right now)

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
I called Dyno Jet and they agreed that this part will not work on the XR1200. I asked if it would work with Auto tune and they said I shouldn't install the Power Commander period.
There seems to be a lack of communication between Dynojet USA and Dynojet UK on this. We have sold plenty of PC-V's for XR1200 use from here and they include a specific base map for the XR1200 (with Remus pipes and Pipercross filter) that was mapped at Dynojet UK's premises using one of our customer bikes.
They have told me that the rev limit has been extended by 500rpm on the map provided.
One thing that we have had problems with is people taking this unit to another dyno centre for 'fine tuning', and they have subsequently wiped or overwritten the Xr1200 map. Once this happens there is no alternative but to try and get Dynojet UK to send a copy of the map by e-mail, which they are loathe to do at the moment.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Matt, do you have a map you can e-mail me so I can try and run this before I take it out?
Hi Rob,
I don't have it at the moment. Dynojet were supposed to e-mail the map to me yesterday but it didn't show. The guy I need to speak to isn't in the office today so I am stuck until Tueday because of the holidays :(

As soon as I get a copy I will mail it over to you.

G

·
Geez. That's a bit disconcerting. My pipes ought to be here in another few weeks, at which point I'm going to be wanting to tweek stuff...

G

·
power commander 5

fitted power commander 5 yesterday set up on dyno with a custom map works great.bike is running with cat removed and open one off made cans. hope this maybe helps.cheers highland xr.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any new info on the us version of the pc5? Is it possible to order one from matt and buy the auto tune module from the us side ?? I am having a pipe frankensteined so i am sure i may need something but i just didnt want to write the check for the tmax yes yes i know its only $100 diff between the two but that $100 can be put to good use like cheap ebay shocks j/k lol

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
no really i want to buy a power commander but i really need some more info the way it sounds on matts site i should come with a base map tha will be pretty close for a 2-1 pipe ?
The PC-V that we sell is preloaded with a map for the Remus 2-1 pipe and Pipercross air filter. Some US customers have reported that the map doesn't seem to suit their bikes, but others are happy with it, so I don't know if there is some subtle difference between UK/Euro models and US models that we don't know about (other than the stuff we already knew about), but I doubt it.

The Auto tune and rev extend feature don't work on the PC-V yet for the XR1200 apparently. I don't know why this should be the case other than Dynojet US just haven't tested it yet?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thx for the update guys i am building a 2-1 pipe from the stock headers and a custom mid pipe and a carbonfiber muffler from a gsxr600 i am sure the tmax is the best bet but i just dont have $800 for a tuner yet i obviously a trying to stay in a budget but attain a certain look ??? anywya thx for all the help guys

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
G

·
Hey guys just a heads up. I bought a Power Commander V for my bike and it doesn't work. There are no base maps for the XR1200, the rev extend does not work, and it does not recognize the xr's ecm.

They did say some guys were playing around with them in europe but they couldn't give me any contact info. Maybe Matt can help with this.

Such a bummer!

Anyway I just read the Thundermax post and I have used Zippers products before and I highly recommend them.

So I guess this is a FYI that Power Commander V's are not an option until they make something specfic for our bikes. (which they said wouldn't happen anytime soon because they are focusing on Metric bikes right now)

Hey gents kinda wanted to bump this back to the top for some info. I am interested in a pc v or the top fueler but wanted to know if the bugs with the pc v have been adressed. Will it work with the auto tune and has the rev limit adjustment been fixed. I could be asking dumb questions that have already been discussed but I can't seem to find the info. So I look for some guidance from the fueling gods.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
The PC-V is now available as a specific fitment for the XR1200 rather than as a modified XL fitment. Part number is 15-008 and it includes specific instructions for the XR1200. They are available now (I had 2 in stock last week).

The map that we have for the XR1200/Remus/Pipercross can still be uploaded to the new version and rev extend/autotune etc should work fine.

·
The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules
1,422 Posts
Any new info on the us version of the pc5? Is it possible to order one from matt and buy the auto tune module from the us side ?? I am having a pipe frankensteined so i am sure i may need something but i just didnt want to write the check for the tmax yes yes i know its only $100 diff between the two but that $100 can be put to good use like cheap ebay shocks j/k lol
I was just on Dynojet's website yesterday, and I saw the PC5 being listed for the XR. They also even had a few base maps. Being a Dynojet dyno owner, I also have access to a "Dyno owner" website, and I should prolly check to see if they have any relative info there.
In any event I can verify that they do indeed have a PC5 listed for the XR. I should clarify that it's listed for the '09 only, and if you look under "2010", they don't have anything listed yet. I just bought a '10 XR, and have an '09 PC inbound for it so I'm gonna give it a shot. I don't know what the difference would be between the two, as I looked at an '09 right before I bought my '10, and they seem to be exact copies of one another.
Heck.. the '09 Kawi Ninja 650 is a totally different animal the the prior gens, and since dynojet took forever coming out with a PC for it, we bought one for an '08 and older, and it matched up to the ECU, so we were able to tune with it.

·
The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules
1,422 Posts
My Power commander v is on its way, I`ll let you all know if it work on my ride. Remus and buffles out ?:confused:
You don't need to.. As I mentioned in your other thread, DJ has a map for Remus right on their site.
I've been running a PC5 on mine for almost 3 months now.. It works just fine. You do need to make sure you have the latest firmware version however.. If you don't, you may experience stalling on de-cel.
BTW- the one for the '09 works just fine for the '10. They have a different P/N listed for the '10 simply because the big distributors want that, even though it's no different, and they haven't even brought in a '10 to verify it for themselves. go figure...

G

·
Pc v

Just installed my PC V. Just wondering about the air filter, I was going to leave the stock one in place, remove the baffle out of the Remus and leave the flapper in there. I`m going to use the closest map ie Remus/pipex map. Any ideas if thats going to give problems?:whistling:

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Denboyz, where are you located?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.