XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you be more likely to buy for your XR1200, the Remus or the Termignoni system? Vote in the box above.

Keep in mind the Termignoni is about 4 times the price of the Remus.

Attachments

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
I went for Remus because when i get round to it i think am gonna buy their headers and stick a diferent can on them.

And the Remus system is far better looking than that Terminalspaghetti thing. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vecchio Lupo

yeah, Vecchio ordered a set of Remus pipes today...bastard!!!! (i mean that in an envious good way:D).

G

·
Remus for me, looks far better than the messy Termi's, and with the $$$ saved I can buy a lot more go fast bits for my XR12:D

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
There was no choice really. The Termi is a sexy thing, lots of curves and lots of naughty bits. The price is stupid, and dealer response to inquieries was non existent. Remus has an excellent reputation among serious sport tour guys and the BMW guys. My local Euro cycle shop said he never has fit or finish issues with REMUS, where Termi always requires fiddling and force.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
More than 2 options

I think I am going to wait until I have my first 1,000 miles logged before I start to worry about exhaust. Supertrapp has a system out now (available Mar 1 thru Parts Unlimited) for $985, Vance and Hines is currently working on a full system, Bub/Storz assured me there would be a full system, in chrome (?) or black ceramic by the show in Cincinnati (Feb) .

I have also looked at keeping the stock head pipes, removing the innards of the cat, and adding a different can, or cans. I was planning on taking the plasma cutter to the side of the cat, guttting the catalysts, weld the door back, and use the stock heat shields. I like the idea of using Supertrapp cans due to the adjustability. Also hear that Staintune is working on a system, who knows what will happen in the next few months.

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Bought the Remus w/ the Ti can. Not much louder than stock... but twenty years of working with turbines has made me half deaf.

G

·
I like the Remus on the XR1200. Now, if I still had my Ducati, it would have a Termignoni system on it. Ducati and Termignoni go together like steamed crabs and beer.

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
Ha!

I like the Remus on the XR1200. Now, if I still had my Ducati, it would have a Termignoni system on it. Ducati and Termignoni go together like steamed crabs and beer.
A food analogy! That's awesome!

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
MMMMMMMM! Crabs and Beer!!!!!

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
I'll be fitting the Remus system this weekend. Let you know how it turns out.

G

·
I was going to build an exhaust this weekend ,but a couple of the mandrel bends didn't turn up,I have a yoshi tri oval carbon muffler and will build the rest the reason I'm building an exhaust is I'm a cheap bastard and have built pipes before and can't justify the dollars for a remus or qd plus my bike seem's like it is going to be the guinea pig for the other xr's around here plus I will fit a pro tuner and get it onto our dyno at work but this was my only free weekend until march so it will wait until then.

G

·
I'd bloody love to put the Termi system on, and am an absolute techno-bling addict in general. However, I have just found out the cash limit at which I balk. It's about £1400 plus vat.

I can't physically justify that amount of money (even though, at the risk of sounding flush - I can afford it).

The Remus sounds great, loses loads of weight and adds a few bhp. That'll do, pig.

·
Living the dream.....
274 Posts
I installed a Remus stainless steel system with a race muffler last night which I bought from Matt. I really like it. Very light, looks good,tucks in tight, and super easy to install. The only negative I found was it's pretty quiet even with the baffle removed. I'm sure it will get a little louder over time.:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
man the two into 1 system is dead sexy but i just dont have $1400 usd for that kinda thing.......wait i dont have money like that for anything lol !

1 - 20 of 208 Posts