XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anybody used Pit Bull strapless Trailer Restrain System to haul their XR's? (http://www.pit-bull.com/trailer-restraint.shtml) I am thinking of installing this my Kendon trailer instead of the wheel chock that originally came with it. This wheel chock is a major PITA when it comes unloading a bike as heavy as XR, especially when trailer facing slightly downhill like it does sometimes on NYST. Getting rid of the chock and installing TRS might be the answer, yet I am not convinced it can securely hold XR.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Those are pretty cool, but only good for the bike you have their kit mounted to. I had a Kendon trailer and you are right about their chock. I have a utility trailer now and use a Condor chock that can be used in the trailer and in the garage. Very handy and might be usable on your trailer. The stamped flooring of your trailer isn't that sturdy.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true, the wheel bracket is model specific, but floor mounting kit is generic. i was too thinking about Kendon floor panels, though they seem thick enough, yet I would reinforce them from the bottom with steel or aluminum strips.

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
I have a Kendon as well, Ken Thurm is a friend of mine. Have had a few of them over the years, before they had a chock they just had a "guide" that the front wheel would fit into. Although the chock can be a little bit of a pain, after a while you get comfortable (or at least tolerant of) using it. I have had Baggers on mine and you want some fun, try pulling 850 pounds out of the chock :1eye: The Pit Bull would probably be easier, but i need to keep the versatility in mine

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's not only the chock. another argument in favor of pit bull is that I wouldn't need to strap down the bike, ie no long running compressed suspension.

·
"I know a few Roads"
142 Posts
I have a condor in the back of my F-150 when I just need to haul one bike or I'm going to the track since it can be removed for use at the track. I have a Sport Chock that I use now on my track bike in my garage, which can also be used at the track. I have a Kendon Standup, 2 bike trailer. While I admit the best chock is the Sport Chock I also know that the Kendon, when adjusted right is better for all the bikes including the Victory KP which has been modified with Fairing, hard bags, chrome front end etc... and probably weighs ~800+ lbs. If the Kendon is level the bike comes off easy enough but agree it can be a major challenge if not. If I had it to do all over again I would probably buy the http://www.alumaklm.com/motorcycle-trailers.html but note that the wheel chock on the Kendon will hold any of my bikes in place while I fool with straps and I'm doing things solo, a major plus IMHO since I seem to be loading by myself often. - Gene

1 - 6 of 6 Posts