XR1200 Owners Group banner
14181 - 14200 of 14235 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Interesting set up of garages you have over there. Looks like it is all yours. Nice looking XR. That plate will go with it well on display.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,439 Posts
Oops, too late, they're both gone now. 😬

Thanks though, both were great to ride. Totally opposite personalities...couldn't be more far apart.
I was going to say...is that an RD400? They were an object of lust for me about this time, umm, some 40 years ago...still like the look of them. But haven't seen one on the flesh for years

J.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was going to say...is that an RD400? They were an object of lust for me about this time, umm, some 40 years ago...still like the look of them. But haven't seen one on the flesh for years

J.
Mine was the 1976 RD400C, first year of the 400s. When I was young the RD350s were considered a total weapon, a 750 slayer. When the 400 came out, it was all that plus a good bump in low-end torque (relatively speaking of course). Again, it's all relative, but the top end was a mad rush. Back in about 1981 I had a Kawasaki KH500 (H1) and they truly were as terrifying as legend held. Mostly because the chassis was no match for the 3-cylinder 2-stroke. By comparison, the Yamaha was composed.

I bought the one in this picture (c. 2000) from some guy hording vintage Yamahas in an air hangar down in Charlottesville, VA. He was far more interested in the old DTs, so it didn't both him to let this one go. The RD400 was completely original with about 14K miles. All it needed was a minor rebuild, easily accomplished with NOS parts found at swap meets. She ran pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Season 2022 starts good.Near Zero °,sunny and dry.Sheep skin Gear is okay
Great.
XRX runs like a Train.Ooops,need a new Frt Tire.These Michelin dont last to long.:(Will go back to the Dunlop,s.

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Just for the record, I had to turn on the A/C in my car yesterday, on the drive home from work. :ROFLMAO: Seriously!!!

14181 - 14200 of 14235 Posts