XR1200 Owners Group banner

14121 - 14135 of 14135 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Interesting perspective there , Geno . I like it !

George

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Nice cropped shot! What rear spools are you using?

I can't stop looking at the clutch cable just hanging out there on our bikes, but it is what it is...

·
Super Moderator
12,535 Posts
Interesting perspective there , Geno . I like it !

George
then you might get a "kick" out of this:

Which came from this:

Nice cropped shot! What rear spools are you using?

I can't stop looking at the clutch cable just hanging out there on our bikes, but it is what it is...
Rear spools are from Dark Horse Moto. They are no longer available, and I no longer have them mounted. I have the matching front spools as well. Also no longer mounted. I think I listed them for sale in the classified section.

·
used ta could
1,830 Posts

View attachment 247709

Which came from this:

View attachment 247710

Rear spools are from Dark Horse Moto. They are no longer available, and I no longer have them mounted. I have the matching front spools as well. Also no longer mounted. I think I listed them for sale in the classified section.

View attachment 247709

Which came from this:

View attachment 247710

I FOUND IT> haha. Took a minute

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
This Pic will break Eric,s Heart.
So Sad to see these Bikes ,ruined by storing like this.All the Frames will be damaged first.
Some of the visible Bikes are here for Sale in the 9000,-$ Range.Found this Picture on a Search List for Buells to parting out..
Im not shure if this container is here in Europe or maybe still in the US.It looks these Bikes european Buells because they have Tailextensions with red Reflectors.

·
Super Moderator
8,227 Posts
Yes...of course you are right, but at the time, that was as close as I was going to get to a street version of a XR750, so I went for it
Regards
Roy

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
What do you expect from a clothing company that sells motorcycles

Nothing,Sry..........;)........good times,even for the Company,s, are long gone.

All the bikes from above,XLCR 1000,XR 1000, a.s.o. are dead Bangers in this Times.
Todays Dream Bikes,Yes
I remember the times when Cagiva drops the Ducati Bevel,s,Laverda goes down with the SCR1000,all the british Dreams
BSA Rocket III or Norton 850 MK III,Triumph T160.Allways hunting for a Triumph Hurricane X75,based on a BSA Rocket III.
Waiting for the Triumph 4 1000 that never came.But there no Reasons for Crying.I saw em alive sometimes somewhere.:cool:

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,826 Posts
Hey RR, we got the Triumph 4 cylinder 1200 in Australia. I had a good look at one which was owned by a serving LEO. Nice guy, actually.
HD seem caught between a rock and a hard place at present. Hard to see an easy way out for them. It feels like numerous leaner, hungrier manufacturers are circling HD like a pack of wolves eg. Ducati, Moto Guzzi, BMW, Triumph, the Jap pack, they're all making big twin cruisers and now even some Chinese makers are looking at doing the same. On the home front Polaris/Indian are starting to eat HD's lunch and from what I've seen up close of a friend's 2016 Vintage Chief, Harley should be very worried because the quality is definitely there. Hope the Pan America works out for them, they badly need a hit.

J.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hi Shackman.Tx youre Right.

But Times go on and dont get better the next Years.The Main Problem i see HD dont has any Money ,the Japanese &Chinese Corp. well.E-Bikes&Cars,and a Generation of Youngster who make there Experience of Life in a Samsung or Huawei.I broke my first Bones on a Yamaha RT360....))))

The englisch Companys dye long time ago.Good Ideas,lots of Investors with a small Purse and thats it.
Gone.
Triumph bought BSA,NVT buys Triumph & Norton ,put em all on a sinkin Ship and.Goodbye.
I remember the last Bike Show in Cologne,80ies ?, when NVT showing up brandnew Nortons & Triumphs .
Prices around 7000,-$.
Never a Triumph 4.I believe they had only one Mule to show and this was in Australia this Year....))).
Later it goes to the brand new Motorcycle Museum in England .When it burns down some Years later with near the whole Collection.
Even the BSA ,,Slippery Sam".Todays its just a Copy of the Origin.
Dont know if the Triumph 4 ever comes back to Life as a Copy.
Memorys.

Harley has a huge Museum i never see but i went to a Corvette Museum when playing around with my old 64 StingRay.
This Museum later was partly destroyed when a Floor gave up its Stability..................................so be aware Harley .:cool:.

·
Registered
340 Posts
RR

Glad your riding season is upon you !

When I moved from MD to GA , a work buddy told me you could ride year round here .

Maybe not every day ( depending on your threshold ) but at least sometime in every month
Thus no need to store/winterize the bikes .

It turns out that he is right ! :cool:

George

14121 - 14135 of 14135 Posts