XR1200 Owners Group banner

14081 - 14100 of 14117 Posts

·
Can it get any better than this?
181 Posts
Hallo mein Freund,

Ich möchte Ihnen für die wunderbaren Bilder danken, die Sie von Deutschland veröffentlichen. Als ich ein kleiner Junge war, zog meine Familie aus den Vereinigten Staaten nach Deutschland. Wir lebten ein Jahr lang in Mannheim, bevor wir für drei Jahre nach Zweibrucken zogen. Ich vermisse es so sehr. 2014 kehrte ich mit meiner Frau in den Urlaub zurück. Ich fühlte mich wie zu Hause. Deutschland wird immer in meinem Herzen sein. Ich danke Ihnen nochmals. Ich wünsche Ihnen alles Gute und eine sichere Fahrt.

Übersetzt mit www.DeepL.com/Translator (kostenlose Version)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi.Tx for the Reply.Yes,Germany is a good Place to Go.Its small and very easy to Travel or to Live in .I,ve seen a lot of the World but for now i stay.
Dont believe what the intl. Press says.
We have the same Problems as every Country but we can handle it because we allways tryin.A bunch of Nazis or Idiots here not representing the Gemans at all.
Im allway a Friend of the Americans or their Lifestyle and believe me i know the difference between Tourist and Visitors.

IMG_2498.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,480 Posts
I had mine on the jack recently. Had fork seals to replace. removed the BPF's, sent to RaceTech for service. I installed the old XR forks in the meantime so I could still ride.
Cheers!

jacked.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
OK this one is for the car guys/gals what model car WAS this ? There's some pretty subtle hints if you know your supercars.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,480 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
While that wasn't supposed to be a "see who can google first" Yes you are correct Tom. I wasn't actually expecting a direct link along with pictures.....good job. And yes it was very sad to see it go up in flames like that. It took the owner over a year to get it replaced ,but being the guy he is and having a great sense of humour, when it did get replaced it had a licence plate WHT-FIRE So cool !

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
While that wasn't supposed to be a "see who can google first" Yes you are correct Tom. I wasn't actually expecting a direct link along with pictures.....good job. And yes it was very sad to see it go up in flames like that. It took the owner over a year to get it replaced ,but being the guy he is and having a great sense of humour, when it did get replaced it had a licence plate WHT-FIRE So cool !
When you get my age, it's smart to take advantage of those google image searches. I knew it was a Ferrari, because of the wheels, but which model, I had no idea. Hope the owner had replacement cost insurance...

Oh, and I find google searches to be incorrect almost as much as they are correct... So it was still kind of a guess... tp

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good answer Tom. Can't argue with that. I was wondering if someone might pick up on what was the only piece that held it's original shape on the front.....the bumper/ air defuser . Ya they pretty much shovelled that car into the deck,and there was loads of those carbon sheets scattered in the ditches all the way to the tow yard.

·
Super Moderator
12,480 Posts
Geno is building a house. Just getting started:

20210109_132646.jpg

FDN_Pan.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,480 Posts
Nice Geno! Same general area you're in now?
We are pulling up all of the tent stakes. I am a native a southern Californian, avid surfer, diver, waterman, yada yada. I never dreamed of leaving sunny SoCal, but we will be exploring new adventures in Idaho.

Sweet! is that a 4 car garage I see.
You are seeing the foundation and stem walls for a two car garage, a 45-foot enclosed motorhome bay and a 32-foot, call it a boat garage. 1800 sq.ft of garage.

·
Bidness Manager
265 Posts
Nice Geno! Same general area you're in now?
We are pulling up all of the tent stakes. I am a native a southern Californian, avid surfer, diver, waterman, yada yada. I never dreamed of leaving sunny SoCal, but we will be exploring new adventures in Idaho.

Sweet! is that a 4 car garage I see.
You are seeing the foundation and stem walls for a two car garage, a 45-foot enclosed motorhome bay and a 32-foot, call it a boat garage. 1800 sq.ft of garage.
No basements up there?

·
Let's Ride
128 Posts
WOW, that's going to be a huge change from SoCal (weather).

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,168 Posts

Nice, your garage is more than twice the size of my house :clap:
On the plus side, if the "BIG ONE" ever hits, you will be living on the beach again.:whistling:

14081 - 14100 of 14117 Posts