XR1200 Owners Group banner

14061 - 14080 of 14117 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
RR

You do seem to find nice tranquil settings .

Although that time in the pasture with you trying to get your Low Rider (?) out of the dip
at the side of the road prob brings less calm thoughts to your mind .

When do you put your bikes to sleep for the winter ?

George

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
End of Oct. Season will be finished.Getting colder here and im in my 60+ ....))))))).Some work to do on the XR next Year.Tires ,a.s.o.

Fat Bob is out of the dip.This will never happens again.Im busy with the FB,doing some Paint work(Gloss) and Lighting.

Safe Place for my XR & me....))))

IMG_2350.jpg

·
Registered
364 Posts
End of Oct. Season will be finished.Getting colder here and im in my 60+ ....))))))).Some work to do on the XR next Year.Tires ,a.s.o.

Fat Bob is out of the dip.This will never happens again.Im busy with the FB,doing some Paint work(Gloss) and Lighting.

That must be hard to take, when the weather doesn’t allow riding.
Were very lucky down here to be able to ride year round.

We are of similar age in the 60’s and for that reason I’ve been putting of replacing the XR’s engine mounts as I’m not as flexible anymore, but finally had a spare weekend and some motivation to replace the stock sagged out engine mounts with Drag Specialties mounts which I have had in the cupboard for about 5 years.
Replaced both front and back and there was a few issues like the rear mount was sagged so much i couldn’t shift engine far enough to left to get front mount out because the crankcase bolts were hitting the left lower frame rail and with the rear mount the pivot shaft was seized in the engine case, anyway got both done with a bit of mucking about.
The new mounts make a huge difference to handling as expected as the stock ones did 80k klm’s.
Anyway here’s the only pic I have of the maintenance.

0604F025-3ADB-4B62-AB00-824FBCF56AC5.jpg

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,751 Posts
Nice work Hoges. Doubt I'd ever tackle a job like that on my own. That tank looks mega, just what you need for your extended travels.

J.

·
Super Moderator
12,480 Posts
Nice work Hoges. Doubt I'd ever tackle a job like that on my own. That tank looks mega, just what you need for your extended travels.

J.
+!) I have had those DS mounts in my tool box for at least 4-5 years.................I have yet to do the replacement. Friends riding behind me always comment on my "squirrelly rear wheel". LOL

·
Let's Ride
128 Posts
+!) I have had those DS mounts in my tool box for at least 4-5 years.................I have yet to do the replacement. Friends riding behind me always comment on my "squirrelly rear wheel". LOL
Do you by chance have the part numbers for the mounts? I've looked on D.S. site, but can't find them.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Picked this up today. Concours 14. #4 of these for me, over the years. Sorry about the poor quality pic. tp

20201015_ C14 2017.jpg

·
Bout a Dollar 3.98
771 Posts
My 1st couple of 100 mile rides after Summer .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Great pics. Like your taste in bikes. Love those roadsters and have been considering an XR for woods duty.

p.s. You don't look so big, bigman! :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Old House in Town.will be removed next and goes 1:1 to an open Museum here nearby.

IMG_2480.jpg

Small cottage, probably dating from the 18th century, in stud construction, outer walls partly in brick, partly half-timbered, with the original fireplace block preserved inside. The fact that such small houses have been built very seldom speaks for the preservation of the house, which can be considered very modest, although in them - in contrast to the more stately farmhouses, which have been preserved more often - the way of life of a large part of the population becomes evident.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

14061 - 14080 of 14117 Posts