XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I've been doing a lot of reading about track modifications that are available for the XR, and I stumbled across this site. Fantastic! Can't wait to pick up the new bike this Saturday and break it in on the hour long ride home.

Glad to meet you all!

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Welcome aboard Robert and enjoy the ride home. If you didn't get orange or black, you got the best color.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sinister Hardcore Black it is. I'll blot out the sun as I ride it home tomorrow morning.

"How much more black could it be? The answer is none...none more black."-Nigel Tufnel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear orange is the new black.

Congrats on the new bike. I love my traditional looking vitamin C (orange).

·
Cincinnati
161 Posts
Robert,
I was curious where you got your bike from ? I'm in the Cincinnati area and have been looking for a XR1200 for the last few months. The dealers are wanting $500 over retail so I'll just keep looking..
Thanks,
Scooter:scooter:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They aren't selling quite so good down here in the Atlanta area. I got $500 off MSRP and a $500 gift card for accessories. They said I could apply it to the bike if I wanted.

It is a lot longer of a drive. But something to consider.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got mine from Hale's HD in Mansfield, OH. The sales manager is named Jeff Miller, and he's a great guy. I bought two Buells from him before the XR, and have nothing but good things to say. I paid well below MSRP on my XR1200. They also sell Yamahas there, so their service dept understands sportbike performance as well.

His number is 419-522-8602, x.23 Give him a call, he'll hook you up!

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Welcome...

Hey Robert,
Welcome to your forum and congrats on the new rig!!
Way to be creative with your screen name, dude!!:devil:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations! Did you pick the XR up today? If so, what color did you end up getting?

·
Cincinnati
161 Posts
I got home from a 7 hour trip last night night to get the bike. I liked the black best so that what I got .. Thanks for the info. I'm getting ride to go for a ride right now, but I sure do wish it wasn't to work:(
YIPPIE,
Scott

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Congrats sssscooter66!

Boy, I hope no one with a speech impediment tries to say your screen name.....a lisp would be bad enough but a spitter could die of dehydration before he got that out.....sssscooter66...lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats dude won't even hold the color against ya you're gonna be very happy with that machine I still smile every time my ass hits the saddle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats with the new rig.:clap:
You are really gonna love this bike :D

Next step, some fast orange parts???:innocent:

·
Cincinnati
161 Posts
Well I got to ride about 80 miles today and had a blast.. Now who's got some ideal for some grips. These things are the same ones as my Electra Glide and just to hard for me.
Thanks,
Scott

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.