XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nethertonian
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Haven’t been on the Forum for a While but need a bit of help

Unfortunately had a Ahole car driver decide they want my part off the road a couple of weeks ago and I ended up having a big off.
Me busted left hand and arm fractured ankle, badly bruised hip and thigh, internal bleeding and 7 days in hospital, Fortunately hopefully no permanent damage now on the mend.

So to the bike
I’ve got a 2009 XR1200 which apart from slip on Cans it completely standard but now looking a bit beat up.
I know a lot of you guys trick your bikes up so I was wondering if any of you guys have any standard bits boxed up in your garages so I’ve got a list off stock parts I need to get it back on the road.

Handlebars.
OEM pt No 56004-00

Brake Control Reservoir & Alloy Lever OEM pt No 42941-10

Rear view Mirror
OEM pt No. 92376-09

Turn Signal. OEM pt No. 68838-06

The Two chrome / Silver Exhaust Covers just before the slip on Cans

Upper OEM pt No. 64936-08
Lower. OEM pt No. 64954-08

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kev

·
Super Moderator
8,246 Posts
You might try contacting member Art, who is in the UK, a lot of those parts you mentioned could probably still be available from the dealership. Anything from the USA, might be prohibitive because of the shipping charges. Good luck in your search
Regards
Roy

·
used ta could
1,871 Posts
Sorry about the beating you and your bike took. We're surrounded by dickheads every time out. I hope you find the parts to make her feel good again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to hear about your off. Hopefully, you are back or will be back to 100% soon! The bike I am sure can be taken care of, we tend to take a little longer to heal.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,880 Posts
Best wishes with your recovery. Typically inconsiderate car driver who has zero concern for our rare and beautiful XR's and their difficult-to-replace parts. Sheesh!...

J.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Kev

Sorry about the getoff . :oops:

The only item I could offer would be the mirror , but as said shipping would be prohibitive .

There are many members in your general proximity , with a little patience I imagine you'll get what you need .

Heal up and get back to riding the beast soon !

George

Reactions: KTG58

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,257 Posts
Sorry to hear about the get off.:cry:
Bikes can be replaced, people can't.
There are lots of members in the UK and Europe that might be able to help.
I think there is a UK site, try XR 1200 owners group.UK
Hope both you and the bike heal up quick.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Sorry to hear about your get-off. I hope you are able to get the driver to pay for putting you and the XR back together. Hoping for a fast recovery for you!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ugh, I feel for you. I could help with a few of these parts, but my bike has to pass an MOT style inspection every year in which I have to put all the stock parts back on... I can't part with them :(

·
Nethertonian
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ugh, I feel for you. I could help with a few of these parts, but my bike has to pass an MOT style inspection every year in which I have to put all the stock parts back on... I can't part with them :(
Hi and Thanks for the reply
I’ve now bought some bits from Jerry HD but it’s the heat sheikhs I’m having trouble with as I want to keep the standard exhaust but I’m guessing you wouldn’t have those bits
Oh Well Cheers

·
Nethertonian
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to hear about your get-off. I hope you are able to get the driver to pay for putting you and the XR back together. Hoping for a fast recovery for you!
Hi Shackman
Unfortunately Driver F****d Off so I’m afraid repair cost is on me 😡😡😡

1 - 13 of 13 Posts