XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up thanks to Midas telling me about it. When Harley brought out the XR1000 in 1983 I was excited that I could get a Street Legal XR. When I saw it at the International Cycle Show I was so disappointed that I told Willie G that they totally missed the mark and bought a Honda VT500 Ascot instead. Imagine my disappointment when they announced the X1200 some 25 years later and I can't buy one in the US. :eek: I did get a chance to ride one in Taiwan last year and that only whetted my appetite. This is in the dealer in Taiwan before I rode it.
So Finally in March 09 I rode home my Orange XR, and after 20+ Harley's and a couple of Buell's over the last 35 years I can say this has to be one of the most fun Harley's I have ever owned.
Streettracker Don In Orange (naturally) CA

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Patience is eventually rewarded.

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts

·
Kinder gentler machine gun world
4,489 Posts
:devil:

Sorry. I just had to get in on that action. :)

This post started 2 years ago................hey streettracker! Welcome aboard. Sorry it took soooooo long.:)

·
Straights are only to get to the next corner
2,686 Posts
Of course those silver XRs are kinda slow but they do have a classy look about them... :)

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:devil:

Sorry. I just had to get in on that action. :)
Geez Joe, you were only 2 years late getting in on that action

This post started 2 years ago................hey streettracker! Welcome aboard. Sorry it took soooooo long.:)
And then Joe brought smitt6 along on the late journey

Of course those silver XRs are kinda slow but they do have a classy look about them... :)
But you notice they had a FAST ORANGE one in the back ground, they were afraid to let people DEMO Ride the FAST one!

·
WTF???
15,959 Posts
Hey, welcome from So. Cal. You should join us on a little ride at the end of the month.

·
WTF???
15,959 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts