XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
"Is that a Buell?"
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok... Been trying not to open a thread about this, but I give up. I've read every thread on the subject, and been googling like crazy for the past few hours, and still nothing.

I can't find the XR1200X 2011 (or 2010) service manual for sale on ebay or anywhere else. I've found the Sportster Models 2010 Service Manual (Part Number: 99484-10), but he doesn't include the XR anymore, only XL models.

Someone mentioned a website that sells the pdf version, but guess what? Nope, there's no reference to it anymore (guess H-D take it down for copyright reasons).

Since I live in Brazil, I can't order a copy from my local stealer. They don't sell them...

Does anyone know where I can found one?

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
The only difference between the X and XR when it comes to the manual are the front forks..So the 2008/9 manual would be better than none.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
True....you can count the differences between the first '08 models and the latest 2012 model on one hand....

·
It's MINE till the wheels are off the ground... Si
89 Posts
True....you can count the differences between the first '08 models and the latest 2012 model on one hand....
Lets put that to the test!:

1 - R.N.G.
2 - Shocks
3 - Forks
4 - (Semi?)Floating front brake discs
5 - ...? :confused:

Well, that's 4 of 5. Anyone got more?

Oh and I got my .PDF manual from these guys just a couple/few week ago. http://www.servicemanualvault.com/

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Lets put that to the test!:

1 - R.N.G.
2 - Shocks
3 - Forks
4 - (Semi?)Floating front brake discs
5 - ...? :confused:

Well, that's 4 of 5. Anyone got more?

Oh and I got my .PDF manual from these guys just a couple/few week ago. http://www.servicemanualvault.com/
5. Lack of Fast Colors
6. Black Hand Levers
7. Michelin Tires

Wait a minute, What the Flook is an R.N.G. ?

·
It's MINE till the wheels are off the ground... Si
89 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
And we should replace #1 - RNG with #1 - Redesigned fuse box beginning with 2010 models (to help keep water out and address the fuse corrosion issue)

·
Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION,,,,Fear is re
6,669 Posts
Harley has supplement pages for there xr1200 manual for the X models which includes how to set up the front forks and the rear shocks

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
:)

5= redesigned oil tank beginning with 2010 models.
And we should replace #1 - RNG with #1 - Redesigned fuse box beginning with 2010 models (to help keep water out and address the fuse corrosion issue)

But both of those are just upgraded parts essentially, so they don't really count as "New Changes"

And I'm W A Y T O O O L D to use RAD in a sentence

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
But both of those are just upgraded parts essentially, so they don't really count as "New Changes"
Well you may not consider them changes but Harley did and listed them as such in their dealer communications .....

.....and, yes, you are much too old..... :)

·
3 miles from the Rockstore
385 Posts
R.N.G. Is a new one on me I always heard it as B.N.G. Bold New Graphics!

·
www.jp2code.net
20,699 Posts
Are there no more $6 electronic versions to download? The paper manual is awesome out in the shop, but that digital version can be opened up anywhere to see what's going on when your messing around on the computer. Just print the pages you want.

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Well you may not consider them changes but Harley did and listed them as such in their dealer communications .....

.....and, yes, you are much too old..... :)
Oh I didn't say the weren't changes, just not New things - more like upgrades

And I'm still not as old as YOU :nono:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts