XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if there are any current issues with Oberon Levers, other than the price being a little high. I have read past posts here about some having fitting issues with the brake side, and some didn’t. Have these been addressed and corrected, or just user install error?

Brake Lever:

Clutch Lever:

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
2,058 Posts
I have them on mine, Corey. Oberon are good stuff. Span adjustable & excellent quality. I would say they're worth paying top whack for. The long standing issue is the likely damage to a fragile little switch in the R switch block during installation of the front brake lever, or even replacement of the original lever with another for that matter, nothing specifically to do with Oberons. The switch controls the brake light and consists of a little plunger within a rubber bellows, plus associated wiring and a small junction box. The switch itself is sometimes known as the "tit", for obvious reasons. When putting the brake lever in its correct position its easy to mash and snap off the little plunger & many of us have done it. There's been a variety of fixes posted up which should be findable in these pages. Unfortunately a new switch is $ from a dealer, or you could do what I did and superglue a small strip of 1.5 mm aluminium onto the face of the lever which actuates the switch. That cost nothing & has worked fine ever since, which is yonks ago.
BTW, if you're importing them from the UK, I don't think you have to pay VAT. But you will have to pay freight.

J.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and advice. Yes, no VAT to the states, so that lowers the price with shipping to 158.22 pound ($215.65 US). Nice to have the adjustability in lever position.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are the Droids (#15 & #17) you are looking for:

Font Line Auto part Parallel Diagram

·
Let's Ride
355 Posts
Corey I put a set on my bike a few months ago. No problems what so ever. Just follow the directions and you will be fine. They were very easy to install. These are GREAT levers.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed Oberon with some concerns I have read about here, and this is the reply. Seems like if one follows the instructions, an easy installation and operation should result.

Thank you for your e-mail and inquiry. If you follow our instructions, especially paragraph 1 - then all will be fine.
https://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/user/instructions/Harley_Lever_Instructions.pdf

If you do have any questions or concerns during installation, just let us know.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

David Goodyear
Customer Services
Oberon Performance Ltd
Havant Business Centre
Harts Farm Way
Havant
Hampshire
PO9 1HU
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 2392 48 1188